*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Manager: Stop lifting that
Me: *takes out headphones* sorry, what?
Manager: Stop lifting that
Me: you hold the weight (didn't make sense but I was confused :p)
Manager: *walks off*

Was weird to say the least....

I'm not even sure he knew what it was called :/

Last edited:
Associate
Broke my 1rm record today! :) Having a 1rm week after my first cycle of 5/3/1 deads today were great but my bench hasn't improved at all :(

Started off with 30-40 mins of mobility work then skipped my HiiT and went straight to deads.

10x60
3x80
3x100
1x130
1x140
1x150
1x160 Previous max was 155 :D
1x165 YES!

Asked someone who was watching me as he is a trainer and he said my form was good for a 1RM, Good neutral lower back but some rounding in my upper back which usally happens at the limit tho?

Could do with investing in a belt as I've heard its good for your lower back because it creates more internal pressure helping you lift a little more aswell?
Finnaly broke 2.5x BW (63.5kg) Dropped nearly 2kg and my strength has increased so Im over the moon!

Also treated myself to 5x8 BW wide grip pullups and a cheeky little bicep routine followed by some core work.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nice stiv, but I don't understand. Did you do week 1-4 then do 1RM or skip deload and do 1RM?

Having a belt doesn't allow you to lift more per se, just means you can keep the core tighter.

Associate
I did the first 3 weeks then on the 4th (deload) I missed 3 sessions because I was staying at my mums but I wasn't inactive, Painted the outside of a house which was pretty demanding and cutting then chopping up big logs for the rest of the week. should have done enough working away with that to be on the level of the deload week. Plus I was of all supps and eating pretty much what I wanted :p.

I thought you could lift 5-10kg more as the result of the tighter core, well I could when the gym had one but it got stolen :( Maybe not work now tho as the weights are a lot heaver.

All the mobility work I've been doing must have helped as I couldn't even touch my toes with straight legs 5 weeks agow :D

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The tighter core does allow you to life more, not because the core is taking the load, but because you maintain a stronger/safer position during the lift.

Personally I wouldn't have bothered testing 1RM after 3 weeks of doing 531. It isn't a get strong quick program at all.

Soldato
Pleased with my bench tonight 85x5+1 spotted rep. Reason I am pleased is I am off creatine for the last 2 weeks Between cycles and 85kg is/was my most recent 1rm done in feb this year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom