*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Stop trolling - get out of this thread.

Are you missing having the power to enforce that now? :p

I recognise the place in that video strangely enough and my dulcet tones counting for you as well. :o

Bit of a strange session at the gym today, I felt pretty good while I was lifting and I didn't think there was anything wrong with my form but I can feel that my lower back isn't 100% with it. I might have just been sitting a bit funny in work today though and it has nothing to do with the gym. Either way I've had a warm bath to try and ease it a bit and hopefully a good sleep will sort it out.

Soldato
Horrible session at the gym today!

Ended up doing 15 mins of HIIT CV and just didn't have the energy to do much else.

Oh, I did some Crunch throws with a 5kg medicine ball...3 lots of (wasn't counting the reps).

I am hoping tomorrow goes better, I'll probably do some back and biceps work and some more CV because 15 mins isn't good enough really. Especially when, previously I have been able to do 25-30 minutes worth of HIIT. Hopefully just an off day.

Kind regards,

David

Soldato
Impressive work Syla5, it's good to see people progressing well :).

Cheers Dom, it's great to see results when putting in the effort ;)

Testing rep maxes next week then on to 5/3/1 and a controlled cut/maintenance diet over the summer months. Need to get rid of the left over fat from my pre gym days, expecting to be able to get down to 70-72kg (currently 78.5), hopefully while gaining some strength still.

Next weeks targets are bench 100kg, squat 140kg, and for deads anything over 150, 160 would be nice.

Soldato
:D

Ok just to make him happy:

150kg x 17

This is an old vid though (2 years?)

Pwned! :D

I think I have found a calorific snack (courtesy of the family!) to help up my cals, not sure of the exact recipe but it has:

Butter
Flour
Almonds
Raisins
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Hemp powder

Nom nom nom!

Next weeks targets are bench 100kg, squat 140kg, and for deads anything over 150, 160 would be nice.
Impressive :cool:

Man of Honour
On the topic of form. You drive with your legs until straight, then pull the chest back, keeping back as straight as possible throughout?

That vid isn't best form - Dom's latest vid shows excellent form. My vid was part of a deadlift challenge (how many you could do 1.5x bodyweight) - so form was a little bit compromised.

You drive with your legs, then thrust your hips forwards with the gutes to finish.

You HAVE to keep the back straight - no question there. Any rounding, or any lower back rounding then don't bother. :mad:

Soldato
That vid isn't best form - Dom's latest vid shows excellent form. My vid was part of a deadlift challenge (how many you could do 1.5x bodyweight) - so form was a little bit compromised.

You drive with your legs, then thrust your hips forwards with the gutes to finish.

You HAVE to keep the back straight - no question there. Any rounding, or any lower back rounding then don't bother. :mad:

The amount you have bent your knees, is what your doing more partial deadlift or is this as low as is required?

Soldato
The amount you have bent your knees, is what your doing more partial deadlift or is this as low as is required?

Bent knee's, you mean at the start of the lift? This is what you do when deadlifting, unless its a Stiff Leg Deadlift you're wanting to do.

150kg? Is that it? Come back when you can actually lift more than girly weights.

I'm attempting to lift those 'girly weights' today :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom