*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Girly status unlocked! :D

Man that was tough! Was a bit of touch and go on Deadlifts, but I made it. Didn't help that my stomach was 'off' :eek:.

I did stall on OHP again though, at 67.5kg. I might try some push presses, as according to the guide, im at Intermediate standard. I'm going to try for a few weeks and then go back to the weight I stalled at, with OHP and see how it feels then.

Squats - 90kg (Feels so much smoother now and its nice NOT to feel my lower back crying afterwards :p)
OHP - 67.5kg (5,4,4,4,3)
Deadlift - 150kg

Soldato
UPDATE! I stopped my forevercut 2 weeks ago (133-74.4 :eek:) and have been eating 2200kcal on workout days, 1800 non workout days. Supposed to be a fortnight of maintenance ish before I get swole, however I've gained 3lbs in this time :/. Umad ectos?

I'm tempted to keep the intake about the same assuming this rate continues, but it really feels all i've done in that time is get fat! Not gained any strength (stalled this week on SL, at the same 5RM I started with 2 months ago :mad:), my mood is definitely improved though.

I know I just have to stick with it another fortnight and see where I am then, hopefully I start getting some results.

Soldato
One minor tip on deadlifts... ease your way back into em. A year ago I did 170kg lifts, then been off them since. Couple of weeks back I bet a mate I could still do that, plus more. As Im heavier now.

So I warmed up, did 180kg, went for 200kg to show off. Failed miserably...

And now Im waking up on mornings with numb fingers from dodgy nerves in my back :(

Caporegime
What exercises you got to do this time after the 2nd session? I've noticed my back has got a lot better since doing Psoas stretches, using the vids from MWOD.

I'll read up on the psoas and see if they're the same.

Basically the extras are laying on my back and squeezing my butt ten times three times a day. Then laying on my back, one leg flat on the floor, then pull the other to my chest 10 times. Then the other (if it doesn't hurt my back) is you lay down, place my foot on the other knee while it's flat, and with the opposite hand pull the leg across my body to stretch the glutes (I think) or whatever it is there :p

All done ten times, and held for 5-10 seconds and repeated three / four times a day if possible.

Sucks really...The most pain I get at the moment is when I wake up, seems to be in the middle of my back, it's weird. According to the physio I need to NOT sit down...but that's kinda hard when you have a desk job, so I need to stand up every 20 mins or something.

Love it :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Basically the extras are laying on my back and squeezing my butt ten times three times a day.

As is tradition....
little_kid_approve_gif.gif

Soldato
You know what, I feel ****ing great at the moment. Steedie's diet got me stripping fat away and I've lost no strength so far (which is a first for me). I'm no where near lean, but starting to see a great shape coming out. Strength is feeling great with awesome form on most my lifts. And enthusiasm and dedication is coursing through my veins at the moment.

Can I get a "**** yeah"!?

Man of Honour
Going back for more deadlifts today - I still have doms from Monday and it was a light weight :eek:

Also completely changing my squat technique too, so hopefully won't kill myself.

My diet at the moment is just plain bad, I have little self control when there is tasty food lying about - I do much better when I do the shopping myself as it forces you to avoid tasty treats.

Caporegime
As is tradition....
little_kid_approve_gif.gif

You're just jealous...I'm going to have a butt of the Gods by the time I'm done

You know what, I feel ****ing great at the moment. Steedie's diet got me stripping fat away and I've lost no strength so far (which is a first for me). I'm no where near lean, but starting to see a great shape coming out. Strength is feeling great with awesome form on most my lifts. And enthusiasm and dedication is coursing through my veins at the moment.

Good man :)

Oh wait...**** yeah!!!

Associate
Freefaller,

I have a specific question for you. Sadly I have got to leave Physical Culture in Putney so need to cancel my membership.

My direct debit is with some collection company called Harlands Group. I've been on hold now for ten minutes and still no answer. How did you go about cancelling your membership with them?

Soldato
One minor tip on deadlifts... ease your way back into em. A year ago I did 170kg lifts, then been off them since. Couple of weeks back I bet a mate I could still do that, plus more. As Im heavier now.

So I warmed up, did 180kg, went for 200kg to show off. Failed miserably...

And now Im waking up on mornings with numb fingers from dodgy nerves in my back :(

I was off them for 6 months, came back and beat my old PB my 10kg on the first session :p

Man of Honour

**** yeah mother****er! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom