*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Freefaller,

I have a specific question for you. Sadly I have got to leave Physical Culture in Putney so need to cancel my membership.

My direct debit is with some collection company called Harlands Group. I've been on hold now for ten minutes and still no answer. How did you go about cancelling your membership with them?

That's a shame! :( We never got another session in! :(

I just dropped them an email - if you read the contract paper that Chris gave you it should have a contact on it. Harlands group sounds right... If not then what you're doing is the best thing you can be. I wouldn't just cancel the DD though!

kai

kai

Soldato
You know what, I feel ****ing great at the moment. Steedie's diet got me stripping fat away and I've lost no strength so far (which is a first for me). I'm no where near lean, but starting to see a great shape coming out. Strength is feeling great with awesome form on most my lifts. And enthusiasm and dedication is coursing through my veins at the moment.

Can I get a "**** yeah"!?

** yeah"!? well done mate, its amazing how much difference a good quality diet can make, i would be interested to understand what the general feeling is on the % a good quality diet has over the gym;

70% diet
30% gym

?

Soldato
For progression or general well-being?

General well-being, I'd agree with you.

Progression of size and strength, I'd say it's closer to 50-50. (Controversial?)

Let's face it, we see people working out to a **** standard down our gyms every day. If they can't work out properly, chances are they can't sort out a good diet. Yet they still manage to get relatively big.

However, I think if you want results quickly, then diet is probably 70% of the effort, as it can really speed up your increase or decrease in size. IMO, you wouldn't have got to the stage you're at now without a good bit of dietry advice, yet you clearly had a good knowledge of lifting :)

Soldato
You know what, I feel ****ing great at the moment. Steedie's diet got me stripping fat away and I've lost no strength so far (which is a first for me). I'm no where near lean, but starting to see a great shape coming out. Strength is feeling great with awesome form on most my lifts. And enthusiasm and dedication is coursing through my veins at the moment.

Can I get a "**** yeah"!?

Can't wait to rub my cheeks on your abs

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It's more the fact the same info is covered many times. Someone who is struggling with form could see all the info in one place. Ice has done this a bit with his mobility stuff.

Man of Honour
I think that would actually be a totally sweet idea.

If someone super regular and commited to the forum - I'm pointing no fingers Freefaller - could make the OP and update it with videos people post in the thread as "perfect" examples, I think it would help out noobs like me a lot!

This thread can be a bit like This Instant and Moment sometimes, does get hard to follow.

Associate
That's a shame! :( We never got another session in! :(

I just dropped them an email - if you read the contract paper that Chris gave you it should have a contact on it. Harlands group sounds right... If not then what you're doing is the best thing you can be. I wouldn't just cancel the DD though!

Yeah shame we only managed the one session, moving back to Guildford so a bit too far for me to travel.

Thanks for the advice, I managed to get through on the phone in the end. More painless than I was expecting after reading a few Harlands horror stories on the net.

Man of Honour
I've got an "Exercise Directory" that I made for my athletes, which has instructions on how to perform all the basic (and some weirder!) exercises. I could post that up if people think it would be useful...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom