• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Sure my diet is currently:

3 scoops whey, 100g oats, 4 tbsp olive oil
250g chicken breast, 75g rice (uncooked)
250g chicken breast, 75g rice
250g beef mince, 75g pasta
2 scoops whey, 100g oats, 4 tbsp olive oil
Post workout - 2 scoops whey, 60g vitargo, will have a large dose of BCAA's, EAA's, creatine, electrolytes and glutamine too.
Then before bed I either have whey, oats and olive oil or make another meal if I can be bothered.

Eat snacks throughout the day if I want any, unless I'm strictly focusing on losing fat which is hardly ever to be honest, have only ever properly focused on "cutting" twice in 8 years and followed a keto based diet both times. Fat levels never really get too bad.

Training wise - I've mainly stuck to low volume, high weight for the most part but recently decided to give high volume a go and have to say I'm loving it, currently following a push/pull/legs program with a bit more volume thrown in for good measure.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Post up some pics in the bodybuilding thread. How did you find us on here by the way?

You eat a lot but do low volume work? Do you do cardio?
Doesn't seem like a optimal bodybuilding program for someone who wants to compete.

Soldato
Haha, well I'm just over 6Ft, and I put on a fair whack of weight over the last year :o

Nice frame man (no homo!) you could end up a beast, like FF <3

Squatting with glute DOMS... sounds like fun!

Yeah boy!

Gonna warm like a trooper!

No pain, no gain! :cool:

Just be prepared for me to bitch and moan when uber DOMS kick in :p

Surely most people are face pullers? Especially on those last few reps. I think what they meant by face puller in that vid is those that pull faces when doing anything and everything.

Man of Honour

Post workout - 2 scoops whey, 60g vitargo, will have a large dose of BCAA's, EAA's, creatine, electrolytes and glutamine too.
Then before bed I either have whey, oats and olive oil or make another meal if I can be bothered.

Eat snacks throughout the day if I want any, unless I'm strictly focusing on losing fat which is hardly ever to be honest, have only ever properly focused on "cutting" twice in 8 years and followed a keto based diet both times. Fat levels never really get too bad.

Training wise - I've mainly stuck to low volume, high weight for the most part but recently decided to give high volume a go and have to say I'm loving it, currently following a push/pull/legs program with a bit more volume thrown in for good measure.

I know you're on the naughty stuff, but that's still way too much protein! Good lord!

I will probably be joining you on the Tour de France after my competition, and I plan on adding maybe 500-600 calories on my normal off season diet, if that. That's got to be near 500g protein?!

Associate
Post up some pics in the bodybuilding thread. How did you find us on here by the way?

I'll put some up when I get home tonight. Joined the forum to ask about some parts I've ordered and saw the gym rat thread in new posts so popped in and had a look. Just seen your pics in that thread, looking good there mate :)

Soldato

With all that protein, your turds must be amazing!

Also, you should cook your rice :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'll put some up when I get home tonight. Joined the forum to ask about some parts I've ordered and saw the gym rat thread in new posts so popped in and had a look. Just seen your pics in that thread, looking good there mate :)

Thanks. I've stopped training for size for quite a while now, doing strength training now. Did I read that you are going to compete in powerlifting?

Associate
I know you're on the naughty stuff, but that's still way too much protein! Good lord!

I will probably be joining you on the Tour de France after my competition, and I plan on adding maybe 500-600 calories on my normal off season diet, if that. That's got to be near 500g protein?!

Yeah approx 500g protein and just tips 6k cals if I remember rightly. I don't eat that much all the time lol, just aiming to gain as much size as possible before I compete next year all being well!

Man of Honour
Yeah approx 500g protein and just tips 6k cals if I remember rightly. I don't eat that much all the time lol, just aiming to gain as much size as possible before I compete next year all being well!

That's totally unnecessary though mate. You'd gain the same amount of muscle on around 4k, give or take. Anything you're gaining on top of that will be fat, which will only make your diet harder when you compete, even when aided.

Associate
With all that protein, your turds must be amazing!

Also, you should cook your rice :p
Put it this way, my mrs doesn't appreciate my farts!
Thanks. I've stopped training for size for a quite a while now, doing strength training now. Did I read that you are going to compete in powerlifting?

If my niggles are fully healed by then I'd like to give it a go, in all honesty powerlifting interests me more than bodybuilding does, I like food too much and hate cardio so it suits me more lol.

Caporegime
Clearly he means it weighs 75g before it is cooked :p

Makes sense :o :p

That's totally unnecessary though mate. You'd gain the same amount of muscle on around 4k, give or take. Anything you're gaining on top of that will be fat, which will only make your diet harder when you compete, even when aided.

Saw some guys at the weekend at a show I was at while at the berkshire agricultural college...Some of them where deadlifting 400KG but jeeez they had some big guts on them :p

Associate
I wish. I'd be ecstatic if I could get to that point.

Correct me if I'm wrong.....But uncooked rice???....
No that's the weight before cooking, I still cook it
No fruit or veg?
Nope, not a big fan of it and it's never hindered gains.
I know what you're saying mate, but on 4k cals I just don't grow. I dieted on 3500 cals!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm hoping to compete in the future, just need to keep on making the progress I am and I should do well hopefully.

What are your powerlifting stats again?

Edit.

Found them
Bench: 195kg
Dead: 265kg
Squats: 240kg

Those are some good lifts, your bench press is monstrous! Would love to see a video of the 195kg bench press.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm hoping to compete in the future, just need to keep on making the progress I am and I should do well hopefully.

What are your powerlifting stats again?

What weight class are you hoping to compete in?

PB's are
Bench: 195kg
Dead: 265kg
Squats: 240kg

Need to get my lifts up on squats and deadlifts really so focusing on those at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom