• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm 82Kg so I'll be in the 83kg class.
I need to work on my bench press hold, because it's not like a normal max attempt, gotta hold the bar on the chest until you're told to press. I'd have to probably drop 15kg off my current total to do that.

Bench: 155kg
Dead: 230kg
Squat: 200kg

Hoping to hit these numbers in July.
Bench: 160
Dead: 250
Squat: 210

Associate
I'm 82Kg so I'll be in the 83kg class.
I need to work on my bench press hold, because it's not like a normal max attempt, gotta hold the bar on the chest until you're told to press. I'd have to probably drop 15kg off my current total to do that.

Bench: 155kg
Dead: 230kg
Squat: 200kg

Hoping to hit these numbers in July.
Bench: 160
Dead: 250
Squat: 210
Really good lifts mate, you should do well. Those numbers should be doable by July!

Associate
What about general health and well-being though?

I eat nuts, seeds and fruit regularly, will add vegetables to meals sometimes if I feel like it but don't actively try to eat them to help stay healthy. Your lifestyle determines how healthy you will be more than if you choose to eat vegetables or not IMO.

Soldato
Beasted the session today :cool:

Started with 40kg squats, felt fine so added another 5kg for next set, then another 5kg so new PB of 50kg squats with, what I hope to be, good, strict form.

No videos, will try and get some next week when I start at 50kg.

I went from squatting to chest press and had a crampy type pain in my hip flexor (or whatever, around that area), I'm guessing it's because I went from one extreme to the other?

Would it be best to go Squat > Leg press > Chest press or Squat > Chest press > Leg press ?

I assumed the latter, so as to give my legs a chance to recover from squats.

Perhaps I could do something else instead of chest press.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry, wasn't leg press, was leg raises! Wait, leg raise isn't even the right term? What's it called when you sit up on a machine and push your legs forward and upward? Mainly attacks the quads.

No specific routine :o I'm doing a 2-day split, usually back to back days so I didn't really think it mattered?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom