• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Of course it matters. You must have a set of exercises you do on your A day and B day then? List them up.

Oh, and the exercise you're talking about is Leg Extensions :)

Caporegime
Don't want to **** you off too much, you'll probably stamp on me or snap me with your giantness :p /hides

No set exercises :o this week I did:

A
Neg chins
Deadlifts
BOR
Shoulder press

B
Squat
Chest press
Leg extension
Chest flys
Rope pull downs

Haha!!! I'm far from big chap!!! :D It's the other bears you have to worry about!

Get yourself a proper A / B split mate, and stick to that for a bit :)

Caporegime
I was under the impression that most A/B splits are 3 day a week routines so was going to wait until June when I will be able to do 3+ days a week.

Would be no harm in doing so though? :)

If anything, it would be good so that you can track progress nicely. Get a small notepad, get your routine down, and note it all down.

Look back after a couple of months or so and see where you are sitting :)

Man of Honour
Two full body days similar to what you're doing:

A:
Squat
Bench
BOR
Facepull
Core or isolation work

B:
Deadlift
Dips
Chins/pullups
OHP
Core or isolation work

Soldato
Thanks! Could I perhaps do backflys instead of facepulls if needed? The cable machines are usually busy as ****.

There is no assisted dip machine so I'd have to work out how to get around that.

Shall I stick with 3x8?

Soldato
But also decide what rep range you want to work in. Are you going for hypertrophy? Aim for 8 - 10 reps. If you're benching 40kg for 3x10 on session A, the next time you hit bench, you want to be doing 42.5kg. Keep your loading progressive so that you're always making progress :)

Soldato
:eek: whoops. Maybe record your notes and listen to them while at the gym!!

If you really wanted to go you would find a way, if not then you will find an excuse ;)

For the sake of 4 weeks it's really not worth it. I've had this discussion on here before but it simply takes me ages to get to the gym and back. It basically took just over 3 hours out of my day today, if not more, including food, shower etc.

I can catch up with the gym any time, I can't do the same with my exams.

I am skipping, stretching and doing pressups & chinups at home on non-gym days so it's not like I'm being lazy.

Call it excuses, I really couldn't give a **** :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom