• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
For the sake of 4 weeks it's really not worth it. I've had this discussion on here before but it simple takes me ages to get to the gym and back. It basically took just over 3 hours out of my day today, if not more, including food, shower etc.

I can catch up with the gym any time, I can't do the same with my exams.

I am skipping, stretching and doing pressups & chinups at home on non-gym days so it's not like I'm being lazy.

Fair game.

BUT!!!! Get a routine and everything ready, then when you can (after exams etc) get down to it :)

I do recommend jotting everything down though, from the sets/reps down to whether or not you experienced any issues during the lifts...Like failed lifts or pains anywhere.

Soldato
Just a small town girl...

Ooo big tune! :D

The worst I've had is someone listening to the news whilst in the work gym. I cried a little :(

Slipknot, Disturbed, Black Stone Cherry, DragonForce........ Sommat with metal, and sommat loud or angry (y)

I can't really do angry in the gym, music doesn't really get me angry. I prefer uplifting stuff that makes me want to bounce off the walls.

Soldato
I listen to what is on at the gym, which is normally glee, don't stop believing...

Just a small town girl...

Argh, if I listened to my gyms PA music I would probably end up chucking a dumbbell at someone's face. One of Tiesto's in search of sunrise gets me through a workout. I find trance zones me out enough to go beyond my comfort zone. But then I am a noob so

Soldato
Had my first leg day since injury, it's not much but I can't be pushing it too much yet.

Could feel a little pull in my lower back :/

Cross trainer 30 minutes

Leg extensions
60kg x10
70kg x10
80kg x10
90kg x10
100kg x10
110kg x10

Leg press
80kg x10
100kg x10
110kg x10
120kg x10
130kg x10
140kg x10
150kg x10

Stretches followed by steam room.

All proper full range of motion, with the leg press bringing my knees nearly against my chest :D

Sadly no hamstring curls, I can't handle the position of being on my stomach and curved. Couldn't even do 20kg without causing pain in my lower back :(

Next week I'll take my ole dipping belt and add some weighted calve raises. If my back will take it

Now to make dinner, 2.5 chicken fillets, a tin of red kidney beans, onion, tomatoes, chillies, some thick stock, and plenty of spices.

I'm really craving a big burger from the Gormet Burger kitchen or pizza though. Ugh, been having those cravings for weeks now :(

On the note of gym playlists mine is rather simple lately.

X-Ray Dog
The Hard Way
Activate
Fractured
Infiltrator (No Vox)
Trip Down Below No Vox
Born Undercover (no fx)
Worlds Collide
Life Or Death
Life Or Death No Vox
Hardass

Hoobastank