• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Devils dude, you have good form on your deadlifts, except the neg which is my main problem to!! Think we need some Dom coaching lol.

If you stick it out in the gym you will be beastly in 6 months easy! Keep up the food intake and no more missing sessions, you got the frame so embrace the lift style ;)

Think that's aimed at me :p

Ta mate, I'm getting back in to things (first week back this week but it's going to be slow, I can feel the back constantly...Just need to keep stretching the hams and stuff...So annoying though :(

Reason for the lowering is theres an office underneath, but I might just not give a monkeys soon, no one else does and the place is a tip 24/7

Post of pure awesome

<3 love you man!

:D

Lovely read, and it hits home pretty much. I could easily stop and just become 'normal'..But screw it, I'm far from normal and I like being called a gym freak!

I guess it's to help people like Delvis, Nightmare and others that have had obstacles and **** to deal with in their lives that if your shroud yourself in negativity you get nowhere. I got rid of the negative aspects of my life in 2010. Let myself bring 2011 in peace. And turned a new leaf. By the summer last year I was looking and feeling better.

As you know chap, had a fair wack of crapness with things at home, but I'm getting through them :)

The gym gives me a positive attitude and mind, I love it.

Did a total Delvis (sorry D :p)

Awesome! I've got my own...THING!!! :p

Never realised :o And shhhhhhhh, my shoulder is different ;)

Soldato
Quite daunting amount of food and a lot of work to prepare.

Ifeelyourpainbro.jpg

I have no idea how people can do a whole days worth of cooking in 20 mins. I guess it helps to prepare stuff then just reheat it. I need to plan ahead more, I have the following planned for the weekend; Chicken in white wine sauce (should do 2 servings),also oven baked crispy chicken and tuna + pasta bake (another 2 servings here).

It's either that or eat out and that's pretty expensive (although cheaper than it potentially could be).

So far today I have had:

>Creatine + hemp shake (fancied a change from cereal)
>2 eggs, sausage, bacon rasher, fried bread, mushrooms and beans

Not sure what to have for lunch, either chicken with beans or tuna n mayo jacket potato + salad

Will probably have a chicken shish kebab for dinner

Dunno what the total cals are (guessing I have hit salt + fat requirements though :o) but it's around £12 for the day.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you considered (and I know I'm a noob and should keep quiet lol) doing the IF style thing some do where you have one big meal PWO and maybe something 6-8 hours later to finish off hitting the days macros? Far less prep work, and I've seen some truly epic meals posted elsewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
He isn't natural..

no **** dude :p

I remember watching an interview with him in a fwe years back, and he was asked what diet he eats to maintain such a strong physique, he said;

'I eat 20 donuts a day'

I wonder how many fools actually went out and started doing the same thing!

Soldato
I donno, they test them in WWE every 2 weeks i think & hes just done Wrestlemaina, on one hand hes been training for years, former full time wrestler and Aamerican football player, 3rd generation wrestler. There some videos of him training for muscle and fitness i think it is on youtube, he goes hard. On the other hand, he is massive so.. lol

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Sigma, planning is key. Things like the rice, sweet potato mash and chicken can all be cooked in 1 go and put into tubs. Half in the fridge for reheating later and half in the freezer for later in the week. The fish and burgers I'll cook each day.

Soldato
I'm trying to force myself into the gym now everyday.
Cardio every second day, as it's training on the other days.

I want to get back into my 30 minutes HIIT cardio in mornings before breakfast and, well considering I've already had a super late start, it's already lunch and I've just decided to quickly have a tin of Tuna before heading in.

I'm fully prepared to die on the inside haha. Time to invest in some Scivation Xtend again, works wonders when doing this.

I want to be very lean and strong again. Going to be extremely tough anyway. Legs are in bits from yesterday, and I'm sure Barbell compounds are out of the question :p

Crosstrainer of doom it is!

Soldato
I donno, they test them in WWE every 2 weeks i think & hes just done Wrestlemaina, on one hand hes been training for years, former full time wrestler and Aamerican football player, 3rd generation wrestler. There some videos of him training for muscle and fitness i think it is on youtube, he goes hard. On the other hand, he is massive so.. lol

I would take that with a pinch of salt so large it could only be done using the fist of an angry god.

Soldato
Haha, 20 donuts!

Incredible physique on Dwayne, but there are a lot of examples of incredible physique on these forums as well as in the celebrity circles.

Something to aim for (without the unnatural stuff) although, technically, I can't call myself natural because I take whey protein powder, or is that incorrect?

Today it's this:

100g oats, 200ml Semi skimmed milk
1 Slice wholemeal toast with peanut butter
Small glass of Cranberry Light Juice

Tea time 10am, 1x apple, 1 tin mackerel, 60ml of water, Cup of tea (no sugar).

12ish - Chicken tikka & salad wrap with juice and mullerlight yogurt

2ish - Beef Enchilada with mushy peas and baked beans

4ish - 475ml Milkshake

5:30 - 1 scoop Protein shake with 200ml semi skimmed milk (pre-workout).

2400-2500kcal

Biceps & Back Work.

7-8ish - 200g Chicken/Salmon with rice and veg.

3000 kcal.

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
Good post FF! I had to dig deep after my accident too!

Rubbish workout yesterday, started with 100kg DL, but stopped after 3 reps, my form was not feeling right at all, doing something wrong, so dropped the weight right down, 60kg and was just trying to work on my form, still did not feel right though, didn't feel like this last week, I have been reading plenty on it and watching youtube videos so I'm not sure if I was just over thinking everything... check me video and see what I am doing wrong :/
actually after watching this I think I need to push my knees forward more and my hips down... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nRRlk6264I

To make the workout even worse the girlfriend fainted on the treadmill! I come back after grabbing more weight to see a big commotion behind me, and notice its Nicola on the deck! She had just done a run, saw her shoelace was coming undone, paused the machine, tied shoelace got back up and had a massive headrush as expected and blacked out!
Hope your girlfriend is ok!

About your deadlift:

It really isn't that bad, but here are a few things to think about.

1. It's all well and good trying to be fast, but if you aren't sure about your form you don't leave yourself much time to feel what you're doing. This point is more to go in the "just a thought" box, because normally coaching speed actually helps.

2. Keep your head in line with your spine!

3. Be MUCH tighter in the your set up. Before you even touch the bar your core should be tight.

4. Engage your glutes. You're initiating the movement by lifting your hips, which greatly reduces the capacity of your legs to do work. Guess where the load goes? Your back :(

Caporegime
Welp....Back tonight....And not doing Deadlifts....Weird.

So I'm doing Single Arm rows and er....Not much else really! I doubt T-Bar rows would be very good for spinal load? Same with rear flys?

Sucks man. Be a good time to work on core and shoulders I guess for the time being

EDIT: And some trap work...Also, do people use a BB for this? I can't...Because er.....I hit my naughty bits otherwise :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Back day today:

Pullups 4 OH 4 OH 1 WG
T Bar Row 8 * 15 8 * 20 8 * 30 8 * 30 8 * 35
DB Shrug 8 * 22.5 8 * 25 8 * 25
DB BOR 8 * 17.5 8 * 20 8 * 20 8 * 22.5
Lying leg hip raise 10 10 10

Some undergraduates made the mistake of starting to walk about before clearing up after themselves... they received a talking to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom