• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Welp....Back tonight....And not doing Deadlifts....Weird.

So I'm doing Single Arm rows and er....Not much else really! I doubt T-Bar rows would be very good for spinal load? Same with rear flys?

Sucks man. Be a good time to work on core and shoulders I guess for the time being

EDIT: And some trap work...Also, do people use a BB for this? I can't...Because er.....I hit my naughty bits otherwise :o
Chest supported t-bar and rear flys should be fine, provided you aren't jerking the weight up.

Soldato
To round off my first Wrekin wendler, shoulders day.

52.5x9, not the 10 I was hoping for, got half way up and just stuck there for about 20 sec! Think I was a little quick moving from one set to the next. Reasonably pleased with week 1 overall and pleased I have more in the gym time for mobility and hiit now.

Weight update, jan12 12st 5lb march12 11st 13lb after cut. Bulk cycle begins, now 12st 10lb.
Strength gains made and mass increased. Next goal, maintain/improve strength, drop back below 12st :D hopefully some pics up soon in the pics thread.

Soldato
Okay...Not sure I'll be able to do that with the T-Bar as there won't be enough room...?

Might be able to work something out for the Flys :)

He means the racks for T-bar rows where you place your chest into the pad, and then hold the grips and pull towards yourself, i.e. supporting yourself on the pad and reducing immediate pressure/strain on your spine.

i.e.

TBarRows.jpg

as opposed to;

TBarRows2.jpg

Same with rear flys, do them led on a bench at incline.

I thought you'd of had the knowledge to know this dude!

Caporegime
He means the racks for T-bar rows where you place your chest into the pad, and then hold the grips and pull towards yourself, i.e. supporting yourself on the pad and reducing immediate pressure/strain on your spine.

i.e.

TBarRows.jpg

as opposed to;

TBarRows2.jpg

Same with rear flys, do them led on a bench at incline.

I thought you'd of had the knowledge to know this dude!

Well, I don't have a T-Bar machine, hence the question :)

I'll be able to prop a bench up for the flys, could theoretically do some form of a row like that as well with a barbell. I'll have to see how the back goes I guess.

Man of Honour
hypothetically speaking, what if someone was to use them, then stop taking them, are they all of a sudden natural again? :p

Who knows! I'm not fussed either way about people being natural or not, it doesn't matter which path you take you've still got to have the dedication.

Soldato
Well, I don't have a T-Bar machine, hence the question :)

I'll be able to prop a bench up for the flys, could theoretically do some form of a row like that as well with a barbell. I'll have to see how the back goes I guess.

Well you didn't actually say that and seemed like you didn't understand what he meant but didn't wanna ask, hence my response!

Man of Honour
Who knows! I'm not fussed either way about people being natural or not, it doesn't matter which path you take you've still got to have the dedication.

I like the fact that I can still look better, but more important lift more than a lot of guys that can't be bothered to put the amount of effort I put in and take an accelerated route to their goals.

Caporegime
Great posts guys

The Rock approves:
http://www.malecelebnews.com/wp-con...n-sighting-On-The-Set-Of-Pain-And-Gain-07.jpg

That my target, going to take a few years!
I always thought the rock looked his best circa ~2000. He said in an interview he used juice during his college football years, then stopped. He has clearly started again since his return to wrestling.

I also must say that whilst I am in awe at the work, dedication and sheer teeth gritting determination he must obviously put into his workout and diet - I don't really like the look. He looks like an abomination of muscle and veins. He probably can't even cross his own arms any more. No ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom