• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Argh, today's cardio nearly killed me.
All I had to eat the entire day was 1 tin of tuna.

35 minutes on crosstrainer, followed by 15 minutes on the treadmill at a high incline.

My calves felt like they were going to tear on the last few minutes.

Associate
He looks ****ing awesome!

aMtE2.jpg

If I had to put money on it, I'd say he's on. I honestly don't really care if someone uses, but using isn't necessarily cheating (unless lying about it) and using isn't necessarily abusing. It's not for me though. Part of me does think it's a shame The Rock would have to lie about it if he was using, but I can understand both sides.

Associate
My adjusted BMR is 2,700 at the moment according to several calculators online, so I'm attempting to hit 1,700 per day for steady fat loss. Lately I've been doing an hour of 10% incline walking daily, so I'm wondering if I need to adjust my diet to compensate?

Seems to burn around 600 calories doing this exercise each time, so do I have to eat 2,300 calories a day to keep the total consumed at 1,700?

Soldato
120kg deads for 3x8 today! Sweating like a female dog after tho. Had to use straps (first time) as my grip is good for 120kg, but not for 8 sweaty reps :)

Either way, feels good brah.

Soldato
Nah, pay day on Monday so imma invest in some liquid chalk and go back to mixed grip strapless, but got given a free pair of straps today so thought id give them a whirl!

Thanks btw mate :)

Soldato
Don't see how the rock can possibly claim he's not juicing, unless it's much longer than I thought since I last saw him that's some ridiculous growth on a guy that wasn't small to begin with. He's doing (or has done) a film about bodybuilding isn't he? You can see why noticable growth in a short amount of time would be beneficial.
Seems to burn around 600 calories doing this exercise each time, so do I have to eat 2,300 calories a day to keep the total consumed at 1,700?
Yes, you need to eat that many calories more to keep the defecit the same.

Caporegime
He looks ****ing awesome!

aMtE2.jpg

Negatory. He looks completely unnatural - and I'm not referring to his choice of "supplement." I think he'd look better with 1-2% more BF, but still an abomination.

50s BBers had it right imo. Gentlemen like Alex Ronis, Marvin Eder, John Grimek.

Big, without the nastyness. I've never understood this sub 5% BF craze. Striations in the glutes look *NASTY*. :ugh:

Caporegime
Nah, pay day on Monday so imma invest in some liquid chalk and go back to mixed grip strapless, but got given a free pair of straps today so thought id give them a whirl!

Thanks btw mate :)

Ahhh okay, I brought some L-Chalk...And then my back went...Never did get to try 90KG at 3x8! :D :(

Back Day
Did a mixture of Back and some Shoulders

Single Arm Rows:
1 x 8 x 20KG
3 x 12 x 20KG

Rear Flys:
1 x 10 x 5KG
Stopped these, felt my back twinging a little

DB Side Raises:
1 x 20 x 2.5KG
3 x 1 x 5KG

DB Front Raises:
3 x 10 x 5KG

Plate Pinches: Done with two 5KG plates in each hand (As per FF ;))
1 Minute Hold
1 Minute Hold

Then some Curls y0!

Yes, my shoulders are weak, and the weight is week...But hey, gotta start somewhere with them, and I don't want to over load them with poor form on my back.

Miss Deadlifts :(

Soldato
The only reason he's that lean is for the film so not like it matters :p Half the time in wrestling he didn't even have abs and he wasn't anywhere near that lean in a lot of other films.

I don't even see why him lying about juicing is a big deal, it's obvious he is but he has to lie else he'll be out of a job.

case#1

The only time it matters when people lie about juicing imo is when it's people more at our level. The kind of physique that could be achieved naturally or at least seem like it could. Hell if our very own FF shaved his bear and cut a couple of % bf half of bb.com would accuse him of juicing without knowing any background.

e.g Layne Norton. Do i believe he is natty? I don't have the slightest ****ing clue. His physique isn't overly ridiculous and he's been training for ages, i can't judge that. His word against the rest just like everyone else below hulk mode.

At the end of the day in my mind there's nothing wrong with someone riding the bike, so long as they don't start calling themselves mrnaturalbigguy and making money from their secret "sweet potato cakes to get huge" recipe

/rant

Last edited:
Soldato
It's more obvious when lifters have a massive growth spurt rather than their overall size, and their strength wont necessarily be representative of their size. However to say people of 'our' size are wrong to use it; no more than anyone else. They'll just rocket past and continue to grow, and if they train just as hard and are just as dedicated to it, then hats off to them. They've just got different goals.

Man of Honour
What's also interesting is seeing how some more established lifters (i.e. their initial beginners adaptation phase is over) either continue to gain crazy amounts of strength, or gain strength all of a sudden.

If I stopped posting and came back here in 3 months with a 300kg deadlift, you'd know something was up :D

Caporegime
The only reason he's that lean is for the film so not like it matters :p Half the time in wrestling he didn't even have abs and he wasn't anywhere near that lean in a lot of other films.
Lies! He puts Zyzz to shame tbh. He's that lean all year round for wrestling career! Same for a lot of them, but particularly Batista is springing to mind. I can hear Jerry "The King" Lawler harping on about his 2% BF in my head right now :p

s1ndcy.jpg

I don't even see why him lying about juicing is a big deal, it's obvious he is but he has to lie else he'll be out of a job.

case#1

The only time it matters when people lie about juicing imo is when it's people more at our level. The kind of physique that could be achieved naturally or at least seem like it could. Hell if our very own FF shaved his bear and cut a couple of % bf half of bb.com would accuse him of juicing without knowing any background.

e.g Layne Norton. Do i believe he is natty? I don't have the slightest ****ing clue. His physique isn't overly ridiculous and he's been training for ages, i can't judge that. His word against the rest just like everyone else below hulk mode.

At the end of the day in my mind there's nothing wrong with someone riding the bike, so long as they don't start calling themselves mrnaturalbigguy and making money from their secret "sweet potato cakes to get huge" recipe

/rant
I think there is a lot wrong with him lying. The fact he has to lie says so. I'm actually surprised you are even using that as a defense. "Of course I did it, but I'm forced to lie to avoid the repercussions" is exactly what you've just said.. surely you can see that is daft? :)

And Ronnie Coleman.. he's always been an idiot. A bloody big, impressively hard working, dedicated, genetically gifted idiot. :p

Jay Cutler admits to steroid usage, and that it is widely used in the BB sport. At least he has the balls to admit it. Something most steroid users don't have (the balls in general I mean :D) :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Argh, today's cardio nearly killed me.
All I had to eat the entire day was 1 tin of tuna.

35 minutes on crosstrainer, followed by 15 minutes on the treadmill at a high incline.

My calves felt like they were going to tear on the last few minutes.

Any particular reason? I don't know much, but even I can say that is not a healthy diet nor a particularly efficient precursor to the gym. If you had eaten properly it would not have been as hard, could have gone longer and would have felt better

Soldato
Lies! He puts Zyzz to shame tbh. He's that lean all year round for wrestling career! Same for a lot of them, but particularly Batista is springing to mind. I can hear Jerry "The King" Lawler harping on about his 2% BF in my head right now :p

I think there is a lot wrong with him lying. The fact he has to lie says so. I'm actually surprised you are even using that as a defense. "Of course I did it, but I'm forced to lie to avoid the repercussions" is exactly what you've just said.. surely you can see that is daft? :)

And Ronnie Coleman.. he's always been an idiot. A bloody big, impressively hard working, dedicated, genetically gifted idiot. :p

Jay Cutler admits to steroid usage, and that it is widely used in the BB sport. At least he has the balls to admit it. Something most steroid users don't have (the balls in general I mean :D) :p

A lot of people put zyzz to shame from various points of view, in the same way that zyzz put a lot of people to shame from other points of view. Given the choice right now who would i rather look like? Tough call but probably zyzz. It's not just the physique though it's the attitude/personality. If he had the attitude of a typical chav brocep monkey he wouldn't have been given the time of day by anyone.
I don't think he has always been that lean. Lots of wrestling pics where he doesn't look anywhere near as conditioned as in the ones for the film.

But the fact he has to lie is only because they are illegal. If steroids were legal and didn't have the huge 'they kill you' aura around them none of these guys would need to lie about it. What would your opinion be then? IMO those repercussions shouldn't exist to be avoided. Sure people would still think it's 'cheating' or whatever you want to call it but that's again down to the fact people think you instantly get big. I was chatting to my brothers friends mum a few weeks ago and she was convinced her son was harming himself by taking protein shakes. I mean come on the general population are thick as pig **** when it comes to this stuff but who can blame them with the way it's portrayed in the media etc.

Of course he is, he's absolutely hilarious aswell. Everyone there knows he's lying and making a joke out of it but it wouldn't go down so well if he openly admitted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom