• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yeah, I can't see "cop admits to taking steroids" going well. I think he's a retired cop now isn't he? Still. He's jokingly lying to cover his arse. He's not trying to fool anyone at all. IMO, not really a proper lie.

Soldato
Any particular reason? I don't know much, but even I can say that is not a healthy diet nor a particularly efficient precursor to the gym. If you had eaten properly it would not have been as hard, could have gone longer and would have felt better

When I was still training all the time, I use to go to the gym shortly after getting up. No food at all, 30 minutes cardio.

Then I'd have my breakfast.

Only reason that didn't work too well is because I woke up late andgot distracted.

Afterwards I ate like a bear readying for hibernation.

Also have a look at the Bodybuilding pic thread to see what I look like now compared to when I was powerlifting.

Soldato
Had a bit of a disappointing back/biceps work out today:

Oly Deadlifts 100kgx8, 110kgx8 (mixed grip), 120kgx8 (mixed grip);

BW Chin-ups +10kgx8, +5kgx7, +5kgx5;

BORs Fixed BB 45kgx8, Oly Bar 50kgx8, Oly Bar 50kgx8;

Seated Lever Rows (5.4kg start) 50kgx8, 70kgx8, 70kgx8;

Preacher Curls 26.5kgx8, 36.5kgx7, 36.5kgx5

Although my DLs are up by 10kg this week, my chin ups are a little down rep wise. Strangely enough, my BORs have gone up since last week by 10kg and my seated lever rows have gone up 10-30kg from last week. Preacher curls are weaker this week as well rep wise.

I almost did my 1RM on the Dls, but decided against it as I already built up quite a sweat.

I don't know why some areas have gone better than others. I mentioned the 5.4kg start on the lever machine because it probably means -5.4kg on the weights I used, but it's labelled on the machine so thought it would be worth a mention here. I don't know what that term means.

I think next time, I'm going to drop the weights on the preachers to 3 sets of 26.5kg and chin ups I'm going to start at +5kg instead.

I went for the DLs first because all the chin cages were in use. Whereas last week I did Chins first. I definitely prefer doing the chins first though, it seems to go a lot better.

So rather disappointed with the results. Form was 100% throughout, even my BOR gremlins appear to have gone bye bye. Going to aim for a +5kg start on the chins and a 110kg start on the DLs next week, without a mixed grip.

Kind regards,

David

Man of Honour
Anyone that pretends that they don't take gear when they do and try and convince others they are natural are ***** tbh. **** them and their lies. I can't be bothered with their BS.

I have nothing against it if you really want to do it, but don't try and pretend you're natural when you're not. Admit that you didn't get there solely on hard work. And don't you dare compare yourself to those that are natural.

dod

dod

Soldato
Back tonight. I think I need top start building the weights up a bit.

Deads
8X60kG
10X80
10X90
2X10X100 no idea what form was like but they didn't feel too bad

BOR's
3X10X60

Hang cleans
3X8X40 these really knacker me

wide grip pull ups - 5, first time ever :D

lat pull downs
3X10X57kG

seated rows
3X10X57kg

Man of Honour
Had a bit of a disappointing back/biceps work out today:

Oly Deadlifts 100kgx8, 110kgx8 (mixed grip), 120kgx8 (mixed grip);

BW Chin-ups +10kgx8, +5kgx7, +5kgx5;

BORs Fixed BB 45kgx8, Oly Bar 50kgx8, Oly Bar 50kgx8;

Seated Lever Rows (5.4kg start) 50kgx8, 70kgx8, 70kgx8;

Preacher Curls 26.5kgx8, 36.5kgx7, 36.5kgx5

Although my DLs are up by 10kg this week, my chin ups are a little down rep wise. Strangely enough, my BORs have gone up since last week by 10kg and my seated lever rows have gone up 10-30kg from last week. Preacher curls are weaker this week as well rep wise.

I almost did my 1RM on the Dls, but decided against it as I already built up quite a sweat.

I don't know why some areas have gone better than others. I mentioned the 5.4kg start on the lever machine because it probably means -5.4kg on the weights I used, but it's labelled on the machine so thought it would be worth a mention here. I don't know what that term means.

I think next time, I'm going to drop the weights on the preachers to 3 sets of 26.5kg and chin ups I'm going to start at +5kg instead.

I went for the DLs first because all the chin cages were in use. Whereas last week I did Chins first. I definitely prefer doing the chins first though, it seems to go a lot better.

So rather disappointed with the results. Form was 100% throughout, even my BOR gremlins appear to have gone bye bye. Going to aim for a +5kg start on the chins and a 110kg start on the DLs next week, without a mixed grip.

Kind regards,

David
Why are you ramping up your weights? Just do 3x8 of the same top weight.

Soldato
Anyone that pretends that they don't take gear when they do and try and convince others they are natural are ***** tbh. **** them and their lies. I can't be bothered with their BS.

I have nothing against it if you really want to do it, but don't try and pretend you're natural when you're not. Admit that you didn't get there solely on hard work. And don't you dare compare yourself to those that are natural.

I think it's different for WWE stars, as they have a lot of young fans, and i'd much rather they stick to Hulks famous "say your prayers and take your vitamins" lie.

Soldato
Why are you ramping up your weights? Just do 3x8 of the same top weight.

I don't know why I was upping the weights, I suppose part of me wants to find out just how many I can do @8 :o

On another note, I still have squat doms and the worst part is, they get worse as the day goes on and it gets harder each time to get out of my office chair haha.

Kind regards,

David

Associate
I was chatting to my brothers friends mum a few weeks ago and she was convinced her son was harming himself by taking protein shakes. I mean come on the general population are thick as pig **** when it comes to this stuff but who can blame them with the way it's portrayed in the media etc.

pretty much this.

I never used anything but if I did I'd deny it without any amount of shame.

From people in the gym who think that "users" instantly inflate overnight without any hard work or diet control to the media's "roid rage" bonanza everybody has a ridiculous perception that couldn't be further from the truth. I would have no trouble admitting usage to an educated lifter that knows how things work but your mother/girlfriend/boss/group of friends will instantly label you for meathead/drug user/cheater/roid rager etc.

Hard work or not some people are by definition more genetically gifted than others so an extreme hardgainer could teach someone like Freefaller (who works incredibly hard but is also half-bear from mother nature) what hard work is. I for one find it relatively easy to work my butt off at the gym but some people work infinitely harder than me because they go extreme on their diets and thus "carry" their hobby with them in their lives for more than those 3-5 hours a week spent at the gym.

This is not by any means a personal attack to Freefaller - just using him as an example.

Speaking of deleted scenes, see below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG89XmCCaw4&feature=like-suggest

Last edited:
Soldato

Tbh mate it makes little sense to lie as everybody I know who has or is taking just looks so unbelievably huge that it's not natural. (which means I agree with you).

510f3acdb0e692a6fb4c8ec58ccb1770.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom