• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think some are exaggerating as much as they claim the other people they would need to lie to exaggerate :p

The "instant inflate" is an exaggeration that I've never actually heard from anyone except those complaining that the "lesser educated in lifting" keep saying it. But those on juice gain far quicker than those not on juice.

The rage thing is, imo, just like it is said in Bigger, Stonger, Faster. The stereo typical (ab)user of the juice is an ****hole. He takes the juice and just becomes a bigger ****hole. Bigger ****holes are more likely to start trouble. Stereo-types exist for a reason - lots of people fit the bill :p

As for the Rock/Ronnie only lying because it's illegal - No, I don't buy that for a second. One is a wrestler, the other Octuple Mr. O and (retired?) copper. They are role models to many young people (and many adults, too :p). I think it's very wrong, for Wrestlers at least, to be doing it "in front" of people who look up to them and in many cases idolise them.

Bigger, Strong, Faster talks about this at length. Chris Bell asks many famous BBers what inspired them to get as big as they did, and all of them (those he at least chose to edit into the film, I'll point out :p) picked over-sized cartoon heroes like He-Man, X-Men (comics, not Hugh Jackman..) and The Thing from Fantastic 4. Some shrink also talks about the increase in size of male figurinesv over the generations. In the 50s Action Man maybe had a six pack. By the 70s he had visible serratus. By the 90s we had mutant figurines with deltoids larger than their heads, and (to-scale) 50inch quads.

Yeah, yeah, they are just toys. But if today's BBers wanted to be as big as He-Man, wtf will tomorrow's guys look like? Walking refrigerators? :p

He also spoke of Hulk Hogan (who was his hero) and Arnie (his other hero) and how when he finally was old enough to train, and not matter how hard he trained, he couldn't "get big" he was confused, disappointed, and even angry when he finally learnt they were on the juice. Both of his brothers went onto the juice and he was shocked, especially at his younger, brother just how much bigger he got.

Last edited:
Associate
Good session today. I added more chains to the rollouts and it's ridiculous how good they are. I can feel it in places that have never, and I mean never, been activated before or at least not to anywhere near this degree.

Squats went well apart from a mysterious almost failed rep in the middle of the second set but the rest of the set felt really good.

I'm glad I've only got a week left on smolov jr before the deload, the volume is nuts!

Finished off with a lot of stretching and mobility.

Good day all in all :).

Man of Honour
hahaha! Why's that? :o You realise it's my friend Si speaking there? :p

I was a big bugger wasn't I? :o

I'm impressed by his ventriloquism then as I could definitely see your lips moving - I'm not going to ask where his hand was to control you though. :eek:

Big Dave was asking after you and said he might get in touch as he thinks he's still got your number.

Keeping it sort of gym related I went climbing on Thursday night for the first time in about 3 years as there's a new bouldering wall just opened up in Bermondsey and then to the gym last night so now my forearms are ruined. Good fun though.

Man of Honour
:eek:

How much were you curlin bro?

I know... it's embrassing - me caught on camera doing bicep curls! :o This was a while back now! Before my "breakdown"... was quite fun being big for a while. Problem is, none of my clothes fit me now! :o

Reeks of garlic though

Tru dat.

I'm impressed by his ventriloquism then as I could definitely see your lips moving - I'm not going to ask where his hand was to control you though. :eek:

Big Dave was asking after you and said he might get in touch as he thinks he's still got your number.

Keeping it sort of gym related I went climbing on Thursday night for the first time in about 3 years as there's a new bouldering wall just opened up in Bermondsey and then to the gym last night so now my forearms are ruined. Good fun though.

I'm a cunning linguist ;)

Yeah he should still have it - I might have to pop round one weekend and train there (if you have any guest passes?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom