*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Do all of you guys take supplements?

If so, do you do so because you can't get what you need from proper food or because it's easier getting your protein from supps?

I would LOVE to just eat loads, but that doesn't work for me. When i was playing football and didn't care about bodyfat, i would happily finish off a 4pint bottle of milk daily. If i want the protein with out the extra calories (or cost), supps are the best whey :p

Man of Honour
if even the god of joints says so, i'll concede the point.

How did he injure himself?
Puts things in perspective really when you see his lifts. I think powerlifting is a different way of life to how I train.
If it's what I think it is, it would require several sessions with a good physio. Given that he doesn't have the money to squander on experimenting with different physios, it's best he just avoids painful exercises and tries to fix it himself for now.

I totally agree with the premise of fixing your broken business first, I'm just thinking of what's best in his situation.

Delvis, if you like I can try and give you more individualised, step by step rehab work. All it would require is pictures/videos and 10 mins (or so) a day.

I think I saw reference to that work elsewhere. Interesting stuff if it pans out.

Permabanned
Just started training on Jan 2nd.

I was starting to look into my macros this evening for a while and to help me I've made a table of the MyProtein products I'm likely to try (based on my budget and requirements) being a beginner. I've also worked out the costs for them per serving as well and additions such as instant oats and milk (all 3 types).

All the prices are based on the serving size shown in brackets. Went for 2.5kg on most as these are what I'm going to be buying with budget.

Posting it here as well as I think others my find it helpful rather than trawling through there site constantly and if your using the same products.

myproteinmacrosandcosts.jpg

If anyone wants anything added then let me know. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
So just started back in the gym, after too much of a massive rest period.

Can someone advise me on any changes I should make to this? Though I do change what I'm doing on occasion as the gym here is very busy.

Back/Bis

Deadlifts
Bent Over Rows
Wide Arm Pull Ups
Short grip lat pull downs
Wide grip lat pull downs
Curls

Chest/tris

Dumbell Bench press
Dumbell flys
Incline dumbell bench press
dips
tri pull downs

Legs/shoulders

Sqauts
calf raises
lateral raises
standing military press
front raises
shrugs

Should I be doing anything different?

Generally I will do either 3x8s or 4x6s on big compound lifts.

Permabanned
I'm getting back in to proper lifting again since I've got myself a load of home gym stuff and making pretty big gains already. :p

Attempted a 220KG squat today and just about missed out on it, squatting 4+ times a week seems to be good for me for strength and it seems to be lowering my bodyfat as well, I've already had a few people comment on how they think I look "slimmer". :p

Caporegime
Delvis, if you like I can try and give you more individualised, step by step rehab work. All it would require is pictures/videos and 10 mins (or so) a day.

Would be awesome if you could give me some pointers / things to look up, I don;t mind reading and learning the required techniques etc to fix myself, i'll feel clever then :p

Give me an idea of what you need / require and i'll sort something out.

One thing I need to show you is my shoulder, it droops down :o

Caporegime
GOD SAKE!!!!

Cooked some DAMN chicken this morning and left it on the bleeding side!

Will it be alrite if I go back at lunch and eat it? Or is that a tad risky? :p

lol.....he seems more interested in telling McRobert to **** off then actually put over a proper arguement.

Brawn (along with any of the old school books, Super Squats being another example) are great foundations for anyone interested in lifting.

I must admit, the first google search I did was someone slanting the guy off :p

Man of Honour
GOD SAKE!!!!

Cooked some DAMN chicken this morning and left it on the bleeding side!

Will it be alrite if I go back at lunch and eat it? Or is that a tad risky? :p

I must admit, the first google search I did was someone slanting the guy off :p

It'll be fine, munch away!

Man of Honour
Big squat night tonight! Can't wait! :D

Box squats 4x5, 3x5, 6x3, 3x2
Barbell Split squat 3x8, 3x8, 4x8, 3x8
Pull throughs 3x10, 3x10, 4x10, 3x8
Kneeling barbell roll outs 3x10

Haven't worked out weights yet... probably heavy :p

Status
Not open for further replies.