• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just finished my routine B:

Pullups 4 OH 4 OH 4 OH 4 UH 2 OH
Squat 5 * 80 5 * 80 5 * 80 4 * 80 5 * 70
DB Row 5 * 25 5 * 25 5 * 25 5 * 25 6 * 25
Military Press 5 * 27.5 5 * 30 5 * 30 5 * 27.5 5 * 27.5
DB Concentration Curl 5 * 10 5 * 10 5 * 10

The brocep curls at the end were just an addition I did because I thought I had a little energy left at the end.

Not having a squat rack is getting really annoying. On my 4th set @ 80kg I just got my 4th rep up, so decided to take 10kg off for the next set... which made my last set fairly easy :(

With MP I went down to 27.5 again because I was feeling it in my back a bit and my form was suffering at 30.

I'm pretty pleased with my rows.... but irritatingly someone has stolen the 27.5kg dumbbells! So I think I'll be doing DB rows with 25s until that is too light, then T bar rows until I can use the 30kgs.

Soldato
Won't worth with ours haha.

Will have to see what I cna do since hamstring curls are out of the question.

I use the squat/power rack, I put the catch bar on the lowest hole about 8" from the floor and then I pit the sissy pad that most numpty's use to squat with on and hey presto GHR machine :)

Soldato
Just finished my routine B:

Snip

Thought about doing squats first? Pull-ups first will just sap energy from your squat performance.

I assume your on some kind of full body routine as well?

Also have you considered doing seated rows instead of DB rows as this may stop a little extra pump on your lower back after your squats and before your press.

Caporegime
Why am I so scared of going above 90kg on squats! I can quite comfortably do 90, but the thought of going heavier scares me! Stupid as I've done heavier in the past.

Next time its straight to 100 and then worry about getting back up! Must push these damn legs.

Gym was EPIC tonight, me doing squats, 3 others deadlifting and another group doing BOR. No room for anyone to do anything or any oly bars left in the gym :D

Caporegime
Why am I so scared of going above 90kg on squats! I can quite comfortably do 90, but the thought of going heavier scares me! Stupid as I've done heavier in the past.

Next time its straight to 100 and then worry about getting back up! Must push these damn legs.

Gym was EPIC tonight, me doing squats, 3 others deadlifting and another group doing BOR. No room for anyone to do anything or any oly bars left in the gym :D

Might be worth trying to get some mini weights so to speak :) Up it gently

Soldato

Mind over matter my friend, I clearly remember my first 100kg squat and it was daunting, next session only 2 days later was 102.5 kg and I smashed it! You can do it :)

Soldato
Picks please, I'm having hard time picturing that let alone seeing how it will work.

Sorry got no pics, but in this vid I am using the lowest rung for the catch bars

Put a sissy pad around one of the bars, a mat on the floor outside the rack making a T shape with the rack. Stick your feet under the bar and GHR away, I would have my back to where the camera is and lowering myself to the floor where that person is standing near the top of the shot

I will get a pic on Thursday if this doesn't help

Soldato
Yes pic please, I still can't picture what you're at.
I kind of have an idea but I'm not certain.

Also we don't have a rack like that. We've just one with these on a wooden platform

e72d7522.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom