• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've always liked it this way, just had it in the micro too long it seems.

I'll be going shopping either later today or tomorrow and I need fruits, so I'll try it with berries as it sounds nice.

Caporegime
If everyone on the boards fired off a post about a pumped back, stiffness, soreness etc I don't think we would talk about much else :(

You could apply the same to anything, why should Delvis post up a photo of what he's eaten? If everyone did the same then the place would be full of food talk.

I thought this thread was all about having a place to bitch, moan and give/offer advice. It's not the first time I've had it said to me so that would explain my reply.

Anyway, I'll stop being a woman now.

Soldato
You could apply the same to anything, why should Delvis post up a photo of what he's eaten? If everyone did the same then the place would be full of food talk.

I thought this thread was all about having a place to bitch, moan and give/offer advice. It's not the first time I've had it said to me so that would explain my reply.

Anyway, I'll stop being a woman now.

Hope there is no tension dude I meant to harm/offence, think of it as something you'd say to your mate down the pub or whatever, that kinda talk!

Soldato
sorry sig no hard feelings i hope.

Tommyv you mentioned in LiE's diet thread that you did phat, did you do 5 days a week or did you do 4 with a carry over day? of did you just squeeze it in to 4?

Soldato
sorry sig no hard feelings i hope.

Tommyv you mentioned in LiE's diet thread that you did phat, did you do 5 days a week or did you do 4 with a carry over day? of did you just squeeze it in to 4?

That was up until I destroyed my left hamstring about a year ago. Then had to go down to 3 (no lower body work).

It's an incredible routine, just eat enough food with it, as training 5 times a day in the manner this routine gets you to do, is strenuous! Took about 2/3 weeks to adapt to it. Overall made some great gains!

Caporegime
OMG Brynn?!!!

Hello old friend :)

It's been a while. I came back a couple of months ago. Nice to see nothing much has changed. But keeping a less spammy profile then before.

Some old names aren't here - which is a shame and not a conversation for here :)

but for reference, the achievement app is called Fitocracy. It's web based, but you can get an app for the iPhone.

You might see reference in peoples posts, when you see a XYZ (+15 points)

Soldato
I video-ed my deadlifts which lead me to turn the weight down (I was planning on doing 90kg *5 then 4 sets of 100kg) because I need to work on my form.

My lower back is fairly solid, but my upper/upper-mid back keeps rounding. This is a reflection of my general posture in general I think. Can anyone suggest exercises to combat this? Or shall I just continue to try and work on my deadlift form?

anyone?

Caporegime
Rounding of the upper back isn't necessarily bad...Depends how it is rounding really - ie are you keeping it tight?

Take this guy for example:

His back is rounded, but it's not severe, and he has control over it if that makes sense. If you can get a video, it will be easier to tell you :)

EDIT: Again, correct me if I'm off the mark here

Last edited:
Caporegime
I find it a bit ironic that you're moaning about my moaning yet your last post is this:

:rolleyes:

To be fair, the weights area in our gym is disgusting at the moment.
I want to put it down to too much equipment, but in reality its lazy users and a decrease in price of membership meaning more people.

Tommy, I've mentioned it to some of the staff but it seems to be brushed off :(

Associate
I posted that a few pages back ;)

And I typed up a reply that never made it .

I'm the meathead most of the times - I try to keep grunting and screaming to a minimum but when the bar is bending with 200+ deadlift I find it harder to keep quiet. :o

Also the showoff - while I'm not particularly strong - I probably appear like I'm trying to prove something whenever I ask someone if I can join them on a machine and I automatically put the pin closemaximum weight most of the times.

eg - I do my leg extensions after my squats so I'm already warmed up - I then proceed to do my ten proper reps with 100kg or so when someone before was using 35. :D

Caporegime
Thats looks awesome Delvis! Better than my shoddy breakfast of a protein shake, 2x pieces of fruit and a coffee!

A little dry though, got a little bita mayo or something in there, so to speak?

Am down to 200.2lb from a top weight of 207lb now so touching 1/2stone lighter, strength is still up there and am happy (after discussion with Morba yday, we reckon I can get a 220kg DL pull before travelling :p). Am almost doing an unintentional cut, having recently cut out a lot of the **** eaten, less calories as I've stopped buying Brazil nuts (32kcal per nut, was eating 15 a day). Might just stick with it and am hoping for a steady loss of 1.5lb a week absolute max.

Damn right, I reckon 220 will come off the floor easily in a couple of weeks :D

Legs for me tonight, then rack pulls (back day) on sunday hopefully :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom