*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Maybe. I asked the bloke were the sweet potatoes where (yeah yeah, got my where/were mixed up no doubt :p) and he got the new batch out, look exactly like sweet potatoes...They aren't those deserie ones or whatever they're called anyway :o

Quite annoying

Caporegime
They're still potatoes chap so they're still the same so to speak. I'm sure a potato expert will come along soon to clarify though :)

Well yes, just I'm trying to eat sweet potato chap...So to speak ;)

Well, that's what I intended anyway, just a bit of a dissapointment this morning...haha

Got some awesome chest doms this morning, going to be annoying trying to do 20kg DB's at my work gym next week...They only have spinlock weights etc, so think I'm going to have to do two 7.5's either side with two 2.5's either side as well. Going to be well akward! :p

Soon as I get a new job with better pay I need to sign up to a proper gym

Caporegime
loldevlis

Sweet potatoes are in the left isle first box in the row.

That's were they came from mate =/

There was only a couple left in the box when the guy showed me where they were, so he emptied that in to the one under the shelf and I went from there.

I can only presume the wrong ones were under the rack!

Soldato
I think it may be of less use to someone so new to the game, very difficult to learn the correct activation patterns to get much out of DB pressing when your bar experience is poor.

That said it wouldnt hurt to alternate between them i always have.

I'd say it's the complete opposite. I really struggle to get good chest activation with a barbell, DBs are much better

Caporegime
I'd say it's the complete opposite. I really struggle to get good chest activation with a barbell, DBs are much better

Likewise, especially on heavier sets...Heavier sets on a BB I find you tend to use supporting muscles too much, such as your triceps, whereas on DB's you just hit the chest more directly.

I've ditched BB now anyway, atleast until my shoulder is fixed properly

Soldato
I use to prefer dumbbell work myself before my injury.

I'd prefer to get back to that later on than just the bench as well. It found it far better for pec activation and range of motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom