*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Course it can. Dunno the status on employers testing for it, I'd be tempted to guess not, but if you're a sports professional and get tested mid cycle, it will not go unnoticed that your blood is almost pure testosterone :p.

Caporegime
Nope.

Thought about it. But scared of needles (I **** you not :o), and I give blood and didn't want to screw that up.

I used to be fine with noodles, until my first ingrowing toe operation :(
Generally ok, but sometimes the flashback makes me cringe.

To inject myself though, i'd be a shaking bag of nerves haha.

Can't see the point of orals either, more sides than injectables and less benefit. What's the point!! lol

Man of Honour
Monkee, you can do what you like buddy. But you know how we feel about it's users, and how certain members feel about the gains that are attained from it. If I told you what I had achieved to date was due to cycling, I'd bet most people would think less of my achievements.

Point is, I put in as much work as someone using, but I don't look as big or potentially lift as much. There lies the problem.

But for you and I it's not about looking big really.

We can all do big. We can't all do strong.

Strong, flexible, mobile and great Power:Weight > blocky, big, poor mobility, joint/health issues.

If I had to choose between a top gymnast (someone who does rings and pommel horse etc...) vs being Arnie - if I had to choose... I'd like to be Arnie for a day, but the gymnast / athlete for life.

Caporegime
If I had to choose between a top gymnast (someone who does rings and pommel horse etc...) vs being Arnie - if I had to choose... I'd like to be Arnie for a day, but the gymnast / athlete for life.

Anyone who actually thought about it for more than 3 seconds and still chose arnie for life would need to be buried tbh.
A top gymnast is top of the food chain when it comes to strength, power and mobility.

Man of Honour
I used to be fine with noodles, until my first ingrowing toe operation :(
Generally ok, but sometimes the flashback makes me cringe.

To inject myself though, i'd be a shaking bag of nerves haha.

Can't see the point of orals either, more sides than injectables and less benefit. What's the point!! lol

A friend lost a chunk of flesh owing to an abscess too which is nasty - and the chance of hitting blood vessels or nerves - no thanks.

Orals **** up your liver toxicity too - just not worth it.

Soldato
In your mind, yes. The reality is probably quite a different thing.
I do think he has a point. Two guys, comparable size, one natural, the other not, I think the achievements made by the natural lifter are more impressive. But it doesn't really matter too much in the end, they're both the same size, the natural guy is happy to look as big as a juicer, the other is happy to have done it in half the time.

Soldato
What irks me the most about PEDs are the stuff you take to counter the effects of the stuff you take.
Which isn't much is it, an AI on hand just incase you suffer some of the more well known sides mid cycle, and a months worth of PCT.

I think demonising steroids is just as bad an idea as glorifying them, the revalation that they've been told a load of bull is likely to happen for anyone that takes half an interest in finding out about the stuff.

Soldato
But the fact is you'll never get a like for like comparison.

Two guys, same weight, same lifts, same build, yet it's taking the un-natty guy half the time.

Two guys, same amount of time lifting, yet the natty guy is twice as big.

There's never a like-for-like comparison when it comes to BB, so why worry about it? Just lift for yourself and what you want your goals to be. Why are you even caring about what other people think of your lifts and size anyway? Yes I do this for vanity, but my own vanity. I don't care what others think about me, I just want to feel good about myself :)

Man of Honour
What irks me the most about PEDs are the stuff you take to counter the effects of the stuff you take.

Doesn't that make you think - "why the **** am I doing this in the first place?" Having to prevent your body feminising itself, and try and get your HPTA function recovering and working properly.... just too ****ed up for me! :p

I do think he has a point. Two guys, comparable size, one natural, the other not, I think the achievements made by the natural lifter are more impressive. But it doesn't really matter too much in the end, they're both the same size, the natural guy is happy to look as big as a juicer, the other is happy to have done it in half the time.

Actually very well put.

And to be honest, as long as people are honest about it, like UE, Steedie and Monkee (and Regulus!) - then there's no issue.

I'm still bowled over by how well Steedie did in his comp. Monkey has done so well to get lean. I personally think it's a shame. However, I also know how hard they will work. I just hope they don't get caught in the self closing cycle and become dependent when they potentially lose a lot of their bulk after their cycles.

Caporegime
But the fact is you'll never get a like for like comparison.

Two guys, same weight, same lifts, same build, yet it's taking the un-natty guy half the time.

Two guys, same amount of time lifting, yet the natty guy is twice as big.

There's never a like-for-like comparison when it comes to BB, so why worry about it? Just lift for yourself and what you want your goals to be. Why are you even caring about what other people think of your lifts and size anyway? Yes I do this for vanity, but my own vanity. I don't care what others think about me, I just want to feel good about myself :)

Completely, do it for yourself not for others and just make sure then when it comes to competing you enter the comps more relevent to yourself.
If you are on gear, don't do a natty comp.
If you aren't on gear and don't want to compete again those who are - do a natty comp.
If you aren't on gear and want to compete with anyone regardless of gear - don't do natty comps.

Simples :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom