*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
They're all talk - they're very much part of the "doyouevenlift" brigade to me - I wouldn't pay any attention to them. ;)

Much like yourself these days then?

little_kid_approve_gif.gif

:X

Man of Honour
BOOM! I should have made a bet with Wills

You're so predictable William ;)

What?? A little bet with your little anaemic love lust? So you can both "represent"? Maybe if you stopped bumming one another you can get to the gym and actually lift some weights, and the other can get a hair cut... rather than posing in a tight pair of pants that you have to shove socks into, and try and flex you puny muscles!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Are you guys unable to post without being patronising? All I do is give you both encouragement and I just get flack, wonder why I bother really.

delvis there's a difference between being patronizing and being funny. You are often the butt of the joke simply because you say some dumb things at times without thinking. i know many people in real life who similarly misinterperet things and as a result get the mick taken, however this is as we say in the trade, 'banter', its part of being friends with people who arent girly boy, faggot chops, narrow ass wieners (thats right i went with wiener). If you want to be any sort of decent 'bloke' in this world you need to get over yourself some and stop hiding out from the make believe hate that you percieve lurking around every corner, it isnt there and no one is out to get you.

Find balls, grab pint, bone woman and just man the hell up already!

Caporegime
delvis there's a difference between being patronizing and being funny. You are often the butt of the joke simply because you say some dumb things at times without thinking. i know many people in real life who similarly misinterperet things and as a result get the mick taken, however this is as we say in the trade, 'banter', its part of being friends with people who arent girly boy, faggot chops, narrow ass wieners (thats right i went with wiener). If you want to be any sort of decent 'bloke' in this world you need to get over yourself some and stop hiding out from the make believe hate that you percieve lurking around every corner, it isnt there and no one is out to get you.

While I see your point, it was a simple question requiring a simple answer.

If I knew the damn answers, I wouldn't answer the damn questions! ;)

Caporegime

He kind of has a point mind, it's all just banter don't look into it too much. The amount of rippings that happen here is way beyond anything that is said on these forums. Just chill out :D

Caporegime
I think UE summed it up the best there :)

But Delvis, you've trained long enough that I expect you to know the pros and cons of mixed grip versus DOH and when to use it.

Why? People are constantly learning when they're training. I've only used mixed grip once, and that's when I first started training. Since then I've only ever used DOH. Naturally, if my grip starts to fail I'll play with mixed, I just wanted some other opinions on pros and cons. :)

He kind of has a point mind, it's all just banter don't look into it too much. The amount of rippings that happen here is way beyond anything that is said on these forums. Just chill out :D

Oh I know that, and I'm chilled believe me ;)

Man of Honour
Why? People are constantly learning when they're training. I've only used mixed grip once, and that's when I first started training. Since then I've only ever used DOH. Naturally, if my grip starts to fail I'll play with mixed, I just wanted some other opinions on pros and cons.

I'd stick with DOH if that's what you've always done

Man points for deadlifting a PB with DOH far exceed those of a mixed grip lift, that said, my grips just not up to doing DOH when it gets past around 140kg,

Man of Honour

Hey, what is this? Trying to resolve conflict? I don't like change :(

You **** :mad:

I refuse to believe you couldn't work out the relative likelihood between a bar rolling out of someone's hands because of DOH grip, or rolling across a flat surface because of DOH grip. :p

Man of Honour
I'd stick with DOH if that's what you've always done

Man points for deadlifting a PB with DOH far exceed those of a mixed grip lift, that said, my grips just not up to doing DOH when it gets past around 140kg,
A guy I'm coaching is stubbornly sticking to DOH, but still managed a PB of 180kg (+15kg) on wednesday :confused: I think his mixed grip PB is 140kg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom