*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yep, he just doesn't like how mixed grip feels. I think I'll be able to convince him to move on now though, 180kg was definitely a grip limit.

Soldato

Because it's been discussed many times around here before and is hardly an advanced technique. And I won't believe the "I must've missed it then" line from someone with nearly two thousand posts in this thread :p

Shoulders tonight, should hopefully blitz the current weight I've been working on, which means moving up next week \o/

Caporegime
I'd stick with DOH if that's what you've always done

Man points for deadlifting a PB with DOH far exceed those of a mixed grip lift, that said, my grips just not up to doing DOH when it gets past around 140kg,

Aye I'm intending to matey, atleast until I literally cannot hold the weight.

Delvis - if you ever move to mixed grip remember to keep the arm straight, don't bend at the elbow of the reversed hand as you will be increasing the risk of tearing your bicep. Yes, really :)

Ugh, seen some videos of that, not nice at all!

Because it's been discussed many times around here before and is hardly an advanced technique. And I won't believe the "I must've missed it then" line from someone with nearly two thousand posts in this thread :p

Post count is meaningless, it doesn't mean I've read every post ;)

I refuse to believe you couldn't work out the relative likelihood between a bar rolling out of someone's hands because of DOH grip, or rolling across a flat surface because of DOH grip. :p

Well, I did wonder, hence the question. I'd have just said 'lost my grip' as opposed to 'letting the bar roll'.

Anyway, deadlifts tonight, should be a PB for reps over my 1rm.

Soldato
Delvis the problem is you just don't seem to think before you post sometimes. I mean come on how is the bar supposed to roll away from you if you DL on a flat surface :confused:

People aren't hating on you, they are just loling at some of the stuff you say. We do the same to everyone who makes dumb posts, you just happen to do it more often than others ;)

Soldato
No, no, next time I shall assume the context of previous conversation is lost and post adequate details as to not derail the thread with misunderstandings :)

What I originally meant to post was:
I can D(ouble)O(ver)H(and) the 125kg [weighted barbell], but it [the barbell] rolls out [of my hands] after a couple of rep(etition)s.

Caporegime
Delvis the problem is you just don't seem to think before you post sometimes. I mean come on how is the bar supposed to roll away from you if you DL on a flat surface :confused:

People aren't hating on you, they are just loling at some of the stuff you say. We do the same to everyone who makes dumb posts, you just happen to do it more often than others ;)

True, and I admit that :o...And to be fair, when you've deadlifted with hex plates you'll know for a fact they roll away ;) Bloody things!

I blame my parents personally.

No, no, next time I shall assume the context of previous conversation is lost and post adequate details as to not derail the thread with misunderstandings :)

What I originally meant to post was:
I can D(ouble)O(ver)H(and) the 125kg [weighted barbell], but it [the barbell] rolls out [of my hands] after a couple of rep(etition)s.

Much better :D

Associate
Squats:
60x5
100x5
130x2
150x1 (did it beltless so technically a PB)
162.5x3x2 (PB)

Bench:
60x5
70x3
80x2
90x1x2
100x1

Pushdowns:
80x5
100x1x2

Squats were easy. First set felt and looked high on video, so buried the second set. Bench was an absolute grind for 100. Did 90 twice because first time was really hard, but had a bad hand off so tried again and it was fine.

Vid later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom