*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
seriously getting annoyed with the bicep bro's in the gym now, had a pair in today jabbering on about the hair dressing course they are on and then one of them was talking about how he gets all the girls excited when he bends his chubby arm's.

had another one come jogging in get changed and then comes bounding out with a cap on defying gravity perched on his head, he then heads directly to the dumbbells and fixed weight barbells for half an hour of curls.

at least they stay off of the limited free weights and the squat rack :D

Caporegime
Have you ever actually killed a pigeon?
Sorry Steedie, missed this post until I saw MoNkeE quoting you.

To answer your question, yes I have killed a pigeon although I consider it suicide because it flew straight in to my car. That isn't the reason for my username though :)

The main reason I hate them, apart from them being disease ridden *****, is a gang of them ate my weed at Uni then **** all over my lounge to rub in it :mad:

Caporegime
Back this evening:

-Mobility
-Deadlifts:
WU: 10x60kg, 1x80kg, 1x90kg, 1x105kg
WS: 3x4x117.5KG (2.5KG over my 1rm) then 3x10x80KG
-OHP: 30KG - 10, 10, 7.
-SAR: 3x12x25KG
Front and side raises supersetted: 3x12x7.5KG
Rear flyes: 1x12x7.5kg - just no. 2x16x5kg

Finished off on the bike.

This also marks the end of my cut really, so I'll post a pic tonight and then upload some proper before/after shots. Pretty happy all in all.

Associate
Some nice motivational female glutes in my gym tonight doing squats and SL Deads. A friend who is her PT is training her for power-lifting I think. She was asking me for advice on what weights she should do/be doing and rep ranges. She is pretty strong, second time doing squats and she gone all the way up to 5x55kg (5x5) with pretty good form ;) Nice to see more people doing more squats and deads instead of upper body.

Anyways... Good 5/3/1 week 2 squat session for me tonight.

5x47.5
5x60
3x72.5
3x95
3x100
8x107.5 But had another 1 or 2 left in me

Wanted to try a little PB so...

1x120 Went deep enough I think but not sure
1x125 (Pb) Really deep feel like I could get more if I have a spotter or proper rack with catchers.

BBB@%50 Done 70 instead of 60.

10x70 x5 Really deep

Then What I've been doing lately is walking out with 140kg on my back then holding it for 30-50s for 4 attempts to feel the weight.

After that I wanted to burn out my core so I done some dragon flags, dragon flag negatives, plate side bends and ab roll out wheel.

My goal for Nov 3rd is to squat 140kg easily hopefully. Down to 67kg need another 1.5kg off and to stay there.

Last edited:
Soldato
Witnessed this at the gym tonight.... thoughts?
77KG on each of the machines.

2 things,
1 the angle of the cable (estimate at 60deg from vertial) would have the weight
2 if that cable machine is like the one at my gym, the way the pulleys are set up (double pulley system) means you actually lift half the weight showing on the stack.

I would guess he would struggle to do a couple of full reps with a proper dip belt and 20kg

Caporegime
Some nice motivational female glutes in my gym tonight doing squats and SL Deads. A friend who is her PT is training her for power-lifting I think. She was asking me for advice on what weights she should do/be doing and rep ranges. She is pretty strong, second time doing squats and she gone all the way up to 5x55kg (5x5) with pretty good form ;) Nice to see more people doing more squats and deads instead of upper body.

Anyways... Good 5/3/1 week 2 squat session for me tonight.

5x47.5
5x60
3x72.5
3x95
3x100
8x107.5 But had another 1 or 2 left in me

Wanted to try a little PB so...

1x120 Went deep enough I think but not sure
1x125 (Pb) Really deep feel like I could get more if I have a spotter or proper rack with catchers.

BBB@%50 Done 70 instead of 60.

10x70 x5 Really deep

Then What I've been doing lately is walking out with 140kg on my back then holding it for 30-50s for 4 attempts to feel the weight.

After that I wanted to burn out my core so I done some dragon flags, dragon flag negatives, plate side bends and ab roll out wheel.

My goal for Nov 3rd is to squat 140kg easily hopefully. Down to 67kg need another 1.5kg off and to stay there.

How did your comp go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom