*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

dod

dod

Soldato
poor session tonight. First time in for about 7/8 days as I've been laid up with a really bad cold, worst case of man flu ever :p

Started with deads, then onto BOR's, T-BArs and at that stage I just lost all energy :(

Associate
The main thing that gets me is how little i am able to lift becaus i'm just starting out, tuesday is legs so will be time to see what i can squat.

Can currently bench about 30-40k for about 8-10, looking forward to the day i can comfortably squat 100k plus, will be nice to be able to squat girls on a night out :p.

Soldato
Just looking at the Stronglifts routine and I was wondering, should I add more stuff like Power Cleans (basically more compound exercises) or wait untill I can meet the crieria like Squat 1.5x bodyweight etc.

Soldato
stick to the program until you have built some good strength. It works.

although in the early weeks you may not feel like you're doing that much, once you start squatting a new max every session you'll soon be glad that you only do 3 exercises per session

Caporegime
Watched a few videos of someone doing Turkish Get Ups with an Oly bar and 80kg on Thursday and thought that looks easy, I'll give that a go on Friday. Not so easy as I thought, started with a 50kg dumbbell and dropped it by 5kg until I found a weight I could manage... 15kg :o

Soldato
Link to a vid, pigeon? :)

Deception, what are you working sets so far? I do plenty of power cleans and what not, but only to clean the bar up for my front squats, or at the end as a 'finisher' :) and I do SL, but with about 5 exercises per session.

Soldato
stick to the program until you have built some good strength. It works.

although in the early weeks you may not feel like you're doing that much, once you start squatting a new max every session you'll soon be glad that you only do 3 exercises per session

I started out using the SL routine, then moved on to a push/pull. I've recently hit a plateue, so was thinking of going back to basics and see if i can get through it.

Caporegime
Ahh okay :)

The only thing I could do would be to sit on the rowing machine, crank it up to it's highest setting and pull away :o

Back Day:
Deadlift:
1 x 10 x 60KG
1 x 2 x 65KG
3 x 8 x 72.5KG

BOR:
1 x 8 x 25KG
(I had to stop for a minute here, my lower back was really pumped due to the deads...After the break it was okay)
3 x 8 x 22.5KG

SAR:
3 x 8 x 22.5KG

Seeing as I missed my hang cleans on Monday, I decided to do them now
HC+PP:
3 x 8 x 15KG :)o)
Still new to these, and going up the scale slowly so I don't cripple my shoulder

I'm now at home trying pull-ups...Managed about 6 so far :o

Wide pull ups?

Biggest gainer I find, still can only do 1 or 2 till I have to go assisted. But do them every other gym session. Big upper back for the win :)

Caporegime
Wide pull ups?

Biggest gainer I find, still can only do 1 or 2 till I have to go assisted. But do them every other gym session. Big upper back for the win :)

Aye, as I say, sadly I can only do them at home...By the time i've done my back session at the gym and driven home, I'm kinda cooled down by then :o

I'm trying though, kinda thinking of doing them the evening before or morning after perhaps.

EDIT: Woops! Just noticed my working set of BOR's was noted down wrong on here, it was 30kg not 22.5 :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom