*** The 2015 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Switching from anything at or around five reps to eight is horrid...

I spent a few months on 5-4-3-3 for front squats... Then my coach responded to my request for a Hypertrophy routine with...

12-10-10-8-8... Followed by 3*10 on DBSS.

Even with 50% 1RM, I wanted to die past 7 reps... Those six weeks were the only time I have dreaded squats - those days had me nearly vomiting after each set. And what was worse was that I had to go up a flight of stairs after each session. Absolutely siiiiiiiiiick quad gainz, however, but haven't tried it since!

Anybody hitting 8+ reps for free weight compound leg work is pretty heroic IMHO.

Man of Honour
Once I'm done with my break and back on it properly (and hopefully bulking rather than cutting) I'm totally all over the low rep count stuff :)

As it is I'm still just trying to hold on to my strength whilst cutting. Though I have managed to go up a little on some things in the last few weeks, which is a little confusing.

Last edited:

kai

kai

Soldato
Just something I have observed!

People are either more trap dominant or calves dominate. Rarely both!

**well that's my excuse for **** calves.

Soldato
I have realised that I have the upper body strength of a small, weak, malnutritioned girl. That, and I have no triceps. I think I was born with elastic bands there instead of actual muscles.

I'm on 3x10 sets, have legs tonight, which are probably the only moderately strong part of me. I suppose it can only get better :p

Soldato
Lifting more. 4 days a week, mon, tues, thurs, fri and alternating things each time, but roughly; monday = upper, tues = lower, thurs = upper, fri = lower, but both different groups.

Only started this week, so you know. Bags of flour :p but I'll keep upping them. Adjusted my diet as well, so trying to get the right stuff I need too. I think.

Associate
I have realised that I have the upper body strength of a small, weak, malnutritioned girl. That, and I have no triceps. I think I was born with elastic bands there instead of actual muscles.

I'm on 3x10 sets, have legs tonight, which are probably the only moderately strong part of me. I suppose it can only get better :p

I feel your pain, worked up to 50kg bench today 1RM and that wasn't even a good one, more a HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG one. Weekend off, back in on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom