*** The 2015 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I just had another go at a quick set of 5 on each leg and it was a lot better. Balance didn't feel quite as ridiculous. My left leg (predictably) is a lot worse than my right though.

Only issue with the heavy barbell idea is that I'd have to pick it up first :p Probably be okay I guess...

Caporegime
I just had another go at a quick set of 5 on each leg and it was a lot better. Balance didn't feel quite as ridiculous. My left leg (predictably) is a lot worse than my right though.

Only issue with the heavy barbell idea is that I'd have to pick it up first :p Probably be okay I guess...

60kg will be a decent enough weight to start.

Associate
Phew, thought I'd have to perform an initiation task for joining the real men's club :) Or maybe be punished for even fitting into slim fit in the first place :D

Half my trousers don't fit me anymore, can barely get them on let alone sit comfortably *ahem*. Mostly swapped over to chinos for office wear now, problem solved. :cool:

Soldato
I have mentioned previously (in the Goals Thread) that I think it could be a good idea to have a date selected where we all (or more likely some) pick a target and all attempt it on the same day. I train alone at home so I'm basically after training buddies ;) But the logic is broader than that - to keep focus on a goal helps get through those muscle aches and keep pushing.

For example, on April 4th 2015 I go for a 100kg Squat AMRAP. Someone else could try for a best time 500m row, or 1RM bench test, or longest ever bike ride.

If we did three a year then April, August and December? Ideally it's a single day but could be a week to allow for diaries to align.

Anyone interested?

Soldato
I want to be 10% or under BF by 22nd July which is my main focus for now (Lads holiday in Ayia Napa :p) currently about 14% shouldn't be too difficult. December's goal will be to do with strength gain but I'll decide what nearer to then :D

Soldato
By 1st of April, I aim to have recovered from my current bicep tendinitis? :(

We did warn you about all that fapping

I aim to lift again by 1stApril, does that count? :D

Current year PB time!

By 1st April I aim to have a BF% I'm more happy with? :D

I want to be 10% or under BF by 22nd July which is my main focus for now (Lads holiday in Ayia Napa :p) currently about 14% shouldn't be too difficult. December's goal will be to do with strength gain but I'll decide what nearer to then :D

Both very good targets :D Any strength target to go with?

Another option is to pick a lift like squats and all do AMRAP 1xBW reps - although that';s probably not such a challenge for some :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom