*** The 2018 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
This 18y.o kid rolled up to the gym and pulled 290KG and failed on 300KG, he's been training less than a year.

Sure, they tren hard and eat clen but what a feat. There's a few kids here that have their DL and squat over 300KG. I've never seen people grow so fast.

This gym is full of mutants, super badass.

Soldato
Got a PB the other day on Atlas stones

used to rep the 90kg quite comfortably, then all of a sudden it didnt want to move.

then along comes saturday

90 flew up again, thought right lets try the 100... no luck

banged some tacky on and threw it up for a double. thought what the heck lets try the 120kg

did the 120kg stone, well happy with that. did it twice to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Tacky makes a world of difference!!

Soldato
Myprotein.

MyProtein is a good company. Quick delivery, reliable, and you can get decent cashback on orders through Topcashback or Quidco. Been using them since not long after they started up.

Recently I've noticed Bulk Powders are cheaper, though, so I've just ordered my next supply of whey and creatine from them instead. They seem to have just as good reviews as MP, so fingers crossed that I like their stuff just as much.

Man of Honour
MyProtein is a good company. Quick delivery, reliable, and you can get decent cashback on orders through Topcashback or Quidco. Been using them since not long after they started up.

Good gifts with them now too.

I mainly use Bulk Powders. Quality is good and they have an offer on every few days.

Interesting, I will take a look. All of these companies seem to have constant offers :D

Soldato
Myprotein here.

I've never found anyone (including bulk powders) cheaper, and the quality seems as good if not better than any other.

You can usually get 35-40% off the "regular" price, and often there are stackable codes and promotions.

My last 5kg of whey was £38.77 and I got a £10 Amazon voucher with the order.

Associate
Thanks guys!

Both sites looks good!

what I don’t get is why they don’t just put the best price up in the first place, rather than use a code to get discount at checkout.

Soldato
Thanks guys!

Both sites looks good!

what I don’t get is why they don’t just put the best price up in the first place, rather than use a code to get discount at checkout.

All the sites are always competing with each other so by having constant 'sales' it probably makes it seem like you're getting a better deal than you are so pick one over the other. There are sales and there are sales though and you can often get some really good offers if you buy strategically rather than just waiting to need stuff at a particular time.

Soldato
Thought i would post here for the first time.

I have been going on and off to the gym for years with inconsistent diet and a less than serious approach to form until the start of this year. Came out of a fairly nasty, long term relationship and decided the gym was a way i can feel some sort of progress on a daily basis as well as vent on the bad days. I wasn't fat by any means at all but in my youth i was slimmer until a desk-job helped me gain a few stone. I nailed my nutrition, spent a lot of time in the gym and really concentrated on proper form rather than upping weight. After a while, I was losing noticeable amount of fat and what i was lifting was steadily improving. I dropped about two stone and started to look somewhat athletic and though not putting much mass on, things generally far more shapely after the last handful of KGs i lost.

Bar a quite slightly nasty shoulder injury, the year training has made me feel and look better than ever and i have seen improvements with this years dedication that half arsed efforts didn't get me in 5/6 years. Hoping to keep this up so i can post a 12 month picture. Wont be as inspiring as some of the massive weight losses on here but i didnt have that much to lose in the first place tbh and my goal was to feel and look better, which i have accomplished but am not done with!

Next up is probably to lose just another half a stone in fat and slowly creep my calorie intake up to fuel my improvements. Most important is that ive learned to love it, never is it a drag to go - i look forward to it every time.

Pretty grateful to have my Gym seconds from my work, makes the time management so much easier. Not just that but the gym isn't like previous ones i have been to, never have i waited for any free weights and everyone there is incredibly friendly and helpful. It is a body builders gym so a bit on the intimidating side if you didn't know the place but some of the most passionate and nice people to have in there tbh.

Caporegime
Nice one man, those gyms are the best tbh, would rather train there than a commercial gym.
Defo get pics up, always good to see progress pics.

I'm clocking along, still seeing what aggravates my back the most having had issues for too many years to remember now :p

Associate
Thought i would post here for the first time.

I have been going on and off to the gym for years with inconsistent diet and a less than serious approach to form until the start of this year. Came out of a fairly nasty, long term relationship and decided the gym was a way i can feel some sort of progress on a daily basis as well as vent on the bad days. I wasn't fat by any means at all but in my youth i was slimmer until a desk-job helped me gain a few stone. I nailed my nutrition, spent a lot of time in the gym and really concentrated on proper form rather than upping weight. After a while, I was losing noticeable amount of fat and what i was lifting was steadily improving. I dropped about two stone and started to look somewhat athletic and though not putting much mass on, things generally far more shapely after the last handful of KGs i lost.

Bar a quite slightly nasty shoulder injury, the year training has made me feel and look better than ever and i have seen improvements with this years dedication that half arsed efforts didn't get me in 5/6 years. Hoping to keep this up so i can post a 12 month picture. Wont be as inspiring as some of the massive weight losses on here but i didnt have that much to lose in the first place tbh and my goal was to feel and look better, which i have accomplished but am not done with!

Next up is probably to lose just another half a stone in fat and slowly creep my calorie intake up to fuel my improvements. Most important is that ive learned to love it, never is it a drag to go - i look forward to it every time.

Pretty grateful to have my Gym seconds from my work, makes the time management so much easier. Not just that but the gym isn't like previous ones i have been to, never have i waited for any free weights and everyone there is incredibly friendly and helpful. It is a body builders gym so a bit on the intimidating side if you didn't know the place but some of the most passionate and nice people to have in there tbh.

Fair play dude, looking forward to seeing the progress you seem to have followed what i pretty well did over the years too :)

Back
Top Bottom