• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The (Ada) Lovelace architecture Thread.

Soldato
Will be very happy if we can get a 50% uplift in performance 3090 to 4090. Anything else is likely a pipe dream.

Would be happy with a 4080 with 16GB that has a 40% boost in performance over the 3080 at £649.

Ideally I want to see a bigger improvement in RT though. I expected bigger gains than we got with Ampere.

Try $999 for the rtx4080

Soldato
It does for FP32. The 3090 is already double the performance of the 2080ti in Cuda workloads.

Games don't necessarily scale well with more cores but workloads that use Cuda cores have a nearly 1:1 scale - double the cores = double performance

RTX 4090 = 18432 Cuda cores @ 2.5ghz

80tflops FP32 vs 36tflops on the RTX3090

Not double the cores but way over double TFLOPS :rolleyes::cry:... come on the maths makes no sense and even with a 2.5Ghz clock.

It's clickbait. It will be nothing more than the regular 20-30%. Just look at the figures given there they make zero sense. Anyways wake me up when they are released and reviews are out stating the regular thing, 20-30% uplift from previous gen, with a 25-50% price increase if not more.

Also in gaming if you double the cores as we have seen from 2080ti to 3090, we got 50% gaming better performance at best (oc models of 3090) and at worst in some games 20%. For compute there was a doubling in performance on some applications on some not so much. Also you ready for a MSRP of $2000-$2500 for the 4090 if one even comes out ? Then of course the fake msrp games again and really 2x the price.:cry:

Soldato
RTX 4090 = 18432 Cuda cores @ 2.5ghz

80tflops FP32 vs 36tflops on the RTX3090

Not double the cores but way over double TFLOPS :rolleyes::cry:... come on the maths makes no sense and even with a 2.5Ghz clock.

It's clickbait. It will be nothing more than the regular 20-30%. Just look at the figures given there they make zero sense. Anyways wake me up when they are released and reviews are out stating the regular thing, 20-30% uplift from previous gen, with a 25-50% price increase if not more.

Also in gaming if you double the cores as we have seen from 2080ti to 3090, we got 50% gaming better performance at best (oc models of 3090) and at worst in some games 20%. For compute there was a doubling in performance on some applications on some not so much. Also you ready for a MSRP of $2000-$2500 for the 4090 if one even comes out ? Then of course the fake msrp games again and really 2x the price.:cry:

You seem salty though. Happy to take a bet on it, I'll pay you if the 4090 is only 20% faster than the 3090 as you predict and you pay me if it's faster than 20%

Soldato
You seem salty though. Happy to take a bet on it, I'll pay you if the 4090 is only 20% faster than the 3090 as you predict and you pay me if it's faster than 20%

Pay you if it's over 20% :cry:...? If it's not over 20% faster there is real problems coming for gpu users. Seriously you are talking 2x the performance with a 3090 to 4090, how about you take this bet the one you are selling us all , if it's 2X the 3090 I'll send you a nice bottle of Whisky.. If it's not you will promise me to go see a psychiatrist.

Why would I be salty? I'm a serious computer enthusiast (look at the spec of my system, 2x3090 NVLINK/SLI), I want faster parts but I live in reality. It's just the reality we have been in for many years the same old 20-30% increase in performance. I think you just like believing clickbait and not living in the reality of what has been happening now for many many years in the gpu/cpu market and technology in general..

Don't even get me even started on the AMD 7900xt rubbish of 2.5x-3x the 6900xt (if it turns out to be true, what will be true too will be the 2x-3x msrp, of course fake msrp and will be even more, who will buy such an expensive card and the power use will be silly too).

If you really believe this stuff you are settting yourself up for serious disappointment in the future, also with price and performance too as prices will be going north every generation now and node shrink, it's getting a lot more expensive to make these devices.

Here is a little history lesson for you in videos about Nvidia and it's generation over generation performance increases :-

Then come back and tell me 2x increase from this gen to next gen or 3x for AMD you know the company that has not been able to even sell and make highend gpus for many generations and only recently showing they are sort of back in the highend with really silly prices as you can see and even more expensive than the same range Nvidia that has a lot more features.. Proving they can't make and sell these things cheap and the fake msrp was just that fake, same with Nvidia.

In a few more days rumours of PS5 PRO will be 2x-3x what a current PS5 is and same with XBOX Series X rumours because they will work off what happened last time ps4 to pro was about 2x but doesn't mean this time they will do the same or if they even release a PRO version of these consoles, remember this is consoles (old technology even when released new in consoles compared to computer GPUS and CPUS at the same time of release), descrete gpu increases don't work the same way.. The reality is it may not happen they are even saying now 5nm may actually turn into 6nm next generation for making gpus and cpus. Until we get details from the horse's mouth don't believe any of it as it's all clickbait to get the ad revenue on these sites and youtube channels.

Last edited:
Soldato
Pay you if it's over 20% :cry:...? If it's not over 20% faster there is real problems coming for gpu users. Seriously you are talking 2x the performance with a 3090 to 4090, how about you take this bet the one you are selling us all , if it's 2X the 3090 I'll send you a nice bottle of Whisky.. If it's not you will promise me to go see a psychiatrist.

Why would I be salty? I'm a serious computer enthusiast (look at the spec of my system, 2x3090 NVLINK/SLI), I want faster parts but I live in reality. It's just the reality we have been in for many years the same old 20-30% increase in performance. I think you just like believing clickbait and not living in the reality of what has been happening now for many many years in the gpu/cpu market and technology in general..

Don't even get me even started on the AMD 7900x rubbish of 2.5x-3x the 6900x (if it turns out to be true, what will be true too will be the 2x-3x msrp, of course fake msrp and will be even more, who will buy such an expensive card and the power use will be silly too).

If you really believe this stuff you are settting yourself up for serious disappointment in the future, also with price and performance too as prices will be going north every generation now and node shrink, it's getting a lot more expensive to make these devices.

Here is a little history lesson for you in videos about Nvidia and it's generation over generation performance increases :-

Then come back and tell me 2x increase from this gen to next gen or 3x for AMD you know the company that has not been able to even sell and make highend gpus for many generations and only recently showing they are sort of back in the highend with really silly prices as you can see and even more expensive than the same range Nvidia that has a lot more features.. Proving they can't make and sell these things cheap and the fake msrp was just that fake, same with Nvidia.

In a few more days rumours of PS5 PRO will be 2x-3x what a current PS5 is and same with XBOX Series X rumours because they will work off what happened last time ps4 to pro was about 2x but doesn't mean this time they will do the same or if they even release a PRO version of these consoles, remember this is consoles (old technology even when released new in consoles compared to computer GPUS and CPUS at the same time of release), descrete gpu increases don't work the same way.. The reality is it may not happen they are even saying now 5nm may actually turn into 6nm next generation for making gpus and cpus. Until we get details from the horse's mouth don't believe any of it as it's all clickbait to get the ad revenue on these sites and youtube channels.

salty and jaded

Soldato
salty and jaded

Check this list :-

GPU Benchmarks and Hierarchy 2021: Graphics Cards Ranked

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html

As you see from generation to generation with the same class GPU, eg 980ti to 1080ti to 2080ti to 3080ti, there has never been a 2x-3x (100%-200%), it's always around 20-30% and lucky if we get more than that. Just being realistic of the silly situation we are in with GPUS and their performance increases over the generations.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As you see from generation to generation there has never been a 2x, it's always around 20-30% and lucky if we get more than that. Just being realistic of the silly situation we are in with GPUS and their performance increases over the generations.

There were some big jumps previous to Kepler. It is only since Kepler that 20-30% became normal.

Soldato
New spec leaks from Kope and Grey

AD102, RTX4090 built on 5nm

12 GPC clusters vs 7 for RTX3090
72 TPC clusters can 42 for RTX3090
144 SM units vs 84 for RTX3090

All of this = 18432 cores vs 10752 for RTX3090

Clock speed = currently the card is reaching 2.2ghz in testing

Memory: 24gb of 21gbps G6X on 384bit bus (basically same as rtx3090 just a bit higher bandwidth).

compute Performance: 81tflops of peak FP32 @ 2.2ghz vs 36tflops for RTX3090

gaming performance: unknown yet (no drivers that runs games yet)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Nice. I will be able to buy a 4070 that will have better efficiency and likely similar performance if not better than a 3090 for one third the price :D

I can see the 4070 going 16GB G6 this time around. They could also go 12GB G6X, but my money is on the former.

Soldato

Memory: 24gb of 21gbps G6X on 384bit bus (basically same as rtx3090 just a bit higher bandwidth).

Further confirmation that AdoredTV was right. The x090 isn't a titan replacement it is the new top end.

Soldato
Nice. I will be able to buy a 4070 that will have better efficiency and likely similar performance if not better than a 3090 for one third the price :D

I can see the 4070 going 16GB G6 this time around. They could also go 12GB G6X, but my money is on the former.

You know this is Nvidia right?

They will put the absolute minimum of Vram they think they can get away with on the 4 series.

But let's hope you're right and they do 16Gb.

Soldato

Same blaa blaa rumors since December 2020..

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-ad102-lovelace-gpu-rumored-to-offer-up-to-18432-cuda-cores

Now they are just saying 81TFlops from 66TFlops...

Old news and my replies to this topic remain above to read. Nothing but a bunch of BS artists trying to get your clicks.

Source of todays BS the highly respected wccftech :cry: :- https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ada-lov...as-2-2-ghz-384-bit-bus-gddr6x-over-80-tflops/

Want some real facts. This is what will happen next gen, 4080/7800XT will start at £1000+ of course fake msrp and real price will be more. All next gen will move up a price tier and TDP/TGP up so more new PSU sales again. Start saving up now.

This is the state of pricing for this generation right now (so as you see even this gen 3080/6800xt is not £1000 but really much more, so next gen is going to be even more funny with higher starting msrps) :-

3SmloKE.jpg

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...stria-are-now-6-7-more-expensive-since-august

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You know this is Nvidia right?

They will put the absolute minimum of Vram they think they can get away with on the 4 series.

But let's hope you're right and they do 16Gb.
I agree with that. But I feel with AMD goin 16GB this gen it will force their hand. I mean it is a whole 2 years later, so I think it will be 16GB or 12 at the minimum.

Back
Top Bottom