The all new EA app for Windows

Unlikely.

Just looks like an Origin rebrand. Can't say i've ever used Origin either, it tends to be a put off, like phone apps.

You shouldn't need a Microsoft account, the new EA launcher uses your original Origin details.

its via the windows app store. you need to be logged in to use the app store? or that what i got from it.

Last edited:
I just downloaded the new EA game launcher, installed it and could sign in using my old origin account details, no need for a microsoft account what so ever. *shrugs*
you dont need an Microsoft account to sign in, if the EA app go's into the Microsoft store you would/could need one to download it.. meaning you would have to add the account to windows.

Microsoft are desperate for you to not have an offline windows so then they can push ad's down your throat and sell your info.
i will be more than happy to have an account and let them track me all day long when windows is FREE.

you dont need an Microsoft account to sign in, if the EA app go's into the Microsoft store you would/could need one to download it.. meaning you would have to add the account to windows.

Microsoft are desperate for you to not have an offline windows so then they can push ad's down your throat and sell your info.
i will be more than happy to have an account and let them track me all day long when windows is FREE.
Too bad MS, mine is local. However, what happens when I have to login to my outlook to download MS Office 2019?

Its just the official launch of the EA Play launcher thats been in beta for a couple of years. It was running alongside the Origin launcher so you could choose either. Looks like they have dropped the Play bit.
I hope they have improved it cos it was worse than the Origin Launcher.

I had Origin on my old pc and couldn't really complain, only have it for the Star Wars games. With a new pc just built I had no choice but to download this new client and it's terrible.

When pointing the downloads to my Origin games library on a separate drive, games always fail to install after a long time "preparing and downloading". I've tried clearing the app cache, restarting etc but no luck.

Despite having Battlefront 2 fully downloaded, the client still needs to download another 23GB and then it fails to install anyway :mad: With Steam I just point it a library and the games are there ready to play.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom