Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAz

PAz

Soldato
BSD Reloaded.

http://www.bulksupplementsdirect.co...m_blends&sid=ymoh2i258f326m250x43vbe82l76426i

You can get 5% off as well by using BSD221 ;)

I got a decent buzz off this, especially for the first couple of weeks. At the end of every workout I didn't want to finish!

Haven't taken it yet this year, so looking forward to trying it again in a few weeks and seeing if it has the same effects as the first cycle. Of course, with pre workout I always wonder if they could just be the whole mindset thing, but I did notice a difference in intensity with this.

Associate
I usually save my special banana for post workout.

Oh and i also don't like coffee, good job i always have enough energy eh!

Soldato
:)So this then............

Good mornings 5x5- start with the bar,40,60,80,100

Wide grip pull ups 5x5-body weight just over 21st.

One arm bent over row 5x5-25kg,35,45,55,60.

Shrugs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Seated row close grip 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Wide grip pull downs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Back extensions whilst holding plate 5x5- 10kg,10,15,20,25.

Half an hour on cross trainer, then crawl up stairs and die!:D

Forgot to add head harness for neck resistance 5x5- 25kg.

Man of Honour
I had mine earlier some dodgy curry from one of the pubs in town would have rather gone for something a bit better but i was watching the rugby and starving

Soldato
Just grab a cup of coffee and a banana 30 mins before you work out. A lot of it is mental rather than anything else.

Really recommend the coffee! Doesn't do much for me because I drink coffee all the time, but it does seem to help in 'sustaining' me through the workout instead of just dropping off near the end.

I bolded the last part as FF is right, some days when I'm well up for it I will grunt, make all the noises, sweat in the eyes and really work out hard even though I'm tired. I'm getting better with my focus now and making the most of my workouts.

BTW This week I hit the 100kg on Squats and DLs which I'm happy about however bench remains at 65kg.

Soldato
Good mornings 5x5- start with the bar,40,60,80,100

Wide grip pull ups 5x5-body weight just over 21st.

One arm bent over row 5x5-25kg,35,45,55,60.

Shrugs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Seated row close grip 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Wide grip pull downs 5x5-150kg,200,250,300,(with hooks 320 or 350).

Back extensions whilst holding plate 5x5- 10kg,10,15,20,25.

head harness for neck resistance 5x5- 25kg.

Half an hour on cross trainer, then crawl up stairs and die!

Just done this lot and without a shadow of a doubt the hardiest workout I have ever done, I'm ****ed:p. thumbs up to you Clipsey:cool: the back extensions and stiff leg good mornings finished me off I even got my girlfriend doing them lol, good stuff. Some of you may remember me posting some hardcore hooks a little while ago, well I didn't buy them in the end as they wouldn't except Solo:(, so I ended up buying a pair of gold gym versions:( and to my horror the buckle snapped half way through a 5x5 on shrugs not impressed:mad: could have really hurt myself. I struggled on with me straps in the end. I'll pop to my mums on Monday and use her Visa to get those double hard ******* ones lol, just hope Golds gym give me a refund as the hooks really didn't live up to the product description:rolleyes:.

Soldato
Just done this lot and without a shadow of a doubt the hardiest workout I have ever done, I'm ****ed:p. thumbs up to you Clipsey:cool: the back extensions and stiff leg good mornings finished me off I even got my girlfriend doing them lol, good stuff. .

:cool: no probs matey, glad they helped!
ALL g/f's should perform good mornings or SLDL's to keep a nice tight ass on firm thighs :D (was sure to include them on my g/f's workout sheet :p)

Soldato
Cant believe how **** those hooks are, for £18 you would expect better here is the description.

Facilitates heavy lifting by increasing ability to lift or pull high levels of resistance
Ergonomic design relieves stress to hands
extra wide velcro closure supports wrist
Wrist strap is lined in comfortable, cushioned neoprene
Sturdy steel hooks accommodate any size bar or handle
Heavy lifting may be a large part of your regular workout.

But it can sometimes be uncomfortable and place strain on other parts of your body.

Our Hook Lifting Strap in black nylon helps you lift heavy weights by increasing your gripping ability to lift or pull high levels of resistance.

The ergonomic design relieves stress to your hands, while extra-wide Velcro closure firmly supports your wrist.

With the wrist-strap lined in comfortable, cushioned neoprene, and sturdy steel hooks that accommodate any size of bar or handle, this is the smart way to heavy lifting. One size fits all.

Soldato
Got my EZ Curl bar delivered today finally - turns out ParelFarce delivered it to my neighbour a few days ago but didn't pop a card through my door :p

Just tried it out and it feels much better on the wrist than a standard barbell for doing curls , has annoying collars though - much prefer the spring ones I use currently.

Soldato
Does it not have a weight limit on the packet / product description....Either way I'd go back and get a refund if you can.

No weight limit shown:rolleyes:. I have looked at there returns policy and there doesn't seem to be a problem with me getting a refund under there policy:).

Permabanned
WOOT

Hit 220 deadlift today! Video'd it but it came out wrong, ill get it next time, not that i have any competition in the video stakes....

227.5 is my target for next session, 501lbs baby! oh yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom