• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
30% deficit is enormous, the card brings only losses for AMD who are forced to sell it below its BOM value.
It should have been cancelled as a consumer variant, and instead AMD should have offered RX 480 X2 or something.
Larger performance out of two Polaris and maybe the game developers would finally begin to optimise for multi-GPU solutions.

How many times did they repeat that the Vega is not for gamers, they even promised Vega II to never appear as a gaming product. A promise which was broken later.

When was the last time either company clumped two identical cards together into one?

The old x2 style cards are really a thing of the past. Plus of course as soon as AMD release anything its 'Heat/noise blah blah' so why play into that by releasing a card that's going to difficult to cool and power hungry as hell?

Caporegime
30% deficit is enormous, the card brings only losses for AMD who are forced to sell it below its BOM value.
It should have been cancelled as a consumer variant, and instead AMD should have offered RX 480 X2 or something.
Larger performance out of two Polaris and maybe the game developers would finally begin to optimise for multi-GPU solutions.

How many times did they repeat that the Vega is not for gamers, they even promised Vega II to never appear as a gaming product. A promise which was broken later.
Yeah, been reading around, can see what you’re saying. I might consider selling my Vega 64 and putting the money towards an aftermarket 5700XT when they are released, or maybe a 2070 super.

Permabanned
When was the last time either company clumped two identical cards together into one?

The old x2 style cards are really a thing of the past. Plus of course as soon as AMD release anything its 'Heat/noise blah blah' so why play into that by releasing a card that's going to difficult to cool and power hungry as hell?

I think the future is chiplets, anyways. DX12 supports multi-GPU.
How did they offer the Fury X?

Soldato
I think the future is chiplets, anyways. DX12 supports multi-GPU.
How did they offer the Fury X?

So 3 years or so ago? And what a massive success that was. Multi GPU's strapped together is a thing of the past like SLI/CF. That's why you don't see them anymore. You might be right about chiplets etc but strapping two cards together? I think that's the past.

Caporegime
So 3 years or so ago? And what a massive success that was. Multi GPU's strapped together is a thing of the past like SLI/CF. That's why you don't see them anymore. You might be right about chiplets etc but strapping two cards together? I think that's the past.

Fury X wasn't a multi-GPU.

Last multi graphics card was the 295x2, so 5 years ago. But it proves your point.

Soldato
I think Vega is a good piece of hardware, which is why i ended up buying a Vega card. The problem with Vega is not the raw performance available but how much work is required to actually utilize all of it. We can see what happens if a game is optimized properly for the architecture like Forza is. Then the numbers are suddenly very competitive but of course this is not always the case and Forza is a rare example in this regard. However I'm personally very happy with the performance I've been getting with a bit of tuning in Wattman. Games like Division 2 is running great for me, so is rainbow six siege and Overwatch. The most important thing for me which is frame to frame latency which is very smooth and steady.

Caporegime
There were two version of the Radeon Pro Duo. The first Pro Duo (AIO water cooled) was using 2x Fiji dies and was aimed at the consumer market. The second Pro Duo (blue air cooled) was based on Polaris dies and was aimed at the workstation market.

Caporegime
There were two version of the Radeon Pro Duo. The first Pro Duo (AIO water cooled) was using 2x Fiji dies and was aimed at the consumer market. The second Pro Duo (blue air cooled) was based on Polaris dies and was aimed at the workstation market.

Must have been rare.
I mean Fury X and Fury went EOL quickly themselves.

Can't find any reviews of the Fiji Pro Duo.

Back
Top Bottom