• Apple Watch 42mm Ceramic

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Apple Watch 42mm Nike+

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 89 47.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I'm worried I've got a problem with my Apple Watch. I've noticed that under certain light and angles the screen on my 42mm SS looks like it has a load of little micro scratches all over it. I'm wondering if it could be a manufacturing defect or is it normal?

The screen is Sapphire Glass on the Stainless Steel models and I can't see how these small scratches have happened over 5 days of light use?

Anyone able to advise me or should I get it looked by appointment at the Apple Store?

If it's five days old and it's like that, I'd get it looked at.

Thanks Feek. Would I be best to book an appointment at the Genius Bar or just drop in when passing?

Any other SS owners had a similar problem?

Just decided to call Apple rather than book an appointment at the Genius Bar, as the earliest appointment I could get was Friday 6th.
I explained the situation that the watch was ordered and delivered back in November but only opened on Christmas Day and that at certain angles and in certain light the screen looks to have multiple light scratches on it's face.
The Customer Service rep immediately consulted second line support, who I was passed on to and they have arranged a return and replacement with a brand new watch.

The damaged one should be uplifted on Tuesday and the replacement will follow hopefully a few days later. I'm happy with that and can't fault the service at all :cool: :)

Out of interest can anyone recommend a Screen Protector for the Apple Watch? I'm considering one as an extra layer of protection going forward, even though it's Sapphire Glass screen.

Commissario
That's good news and good service.
I can't recommend a screen protector. I had a Ghost Armor one fitted to my original watch, it fell off before very long and from what I've read, it's a common problem with most (if not all) of them because there's always constant rubbing from sleeves etc. The edges just lift and once they start, that's it.

When I changed from the original to the Series 2, there were no marks whatsoever on the face and that's not even with the sapphire glass version.

Soldato
Got my 42mm S2 SS yesterday finally! Absolutely love it already. Notifications are ace with the haptic feedback. I can already see myself using Apple Pay more than I have previously now thats it's on my wrist rather than using my iPhone.

My only slight issue is I've been having issues with the Facebook Messenger app refusing to load, anyone else had problems?

The three times I've tried it with the Watch it failed and I had to use my phone. It didnt even detect it.

Sounds like you're either doing something wrong or it's a hardware fault. Maybe a dumb question but you are double tapping the button so the watch goes into payment mode, not just holding your watch near the reader and expecting it to work?

So it seems after following advice that Apple Pay on the watch is much more convenient. Apart from getting the actual watch to the reader

Soldato
I had my Apple Watch picked up today by UPS. My replacement has a delivery estimate of between 13th - 18th January.

I was told that this could improve, hoping this will be the case.

Soldato
The readers on the London Underground are annoying for me - they're on the right side of the barrier and I wear the watch on my left wrist so to get the reader to read the phone I have to twist my wrist quite a bit which is uncomfortable.

Soldato
I had my Apple Watch picked up today by UPS. My replacement has a delivery estimate of between 13th - 18th January.

I was told that this could improve, hoping this will be the case.

Looks like it's improved...just got shipping notification :cool:

Should be delivered on Monday.

Soldato
Hi all,

I like my new Apple Watch 2 and the GPS running app built in is good. What I would like is an app that will tell me over my headphones how fast I've run the last mile at the end of the mile.

I used to run with my iPhone and headphones using Runkeeper and that worked fine.

Please help

Thanks,

Eddie

Back
Top Bottom