The Apprentice 2018 (Series 14) - 3rd October

Soldato
how can the other sarah (false blue contacts?) be a solicitor, you would expect some precision with the use of language ?

Caporegime
It gets worse every year, total narcissists with cringy soundbites about being money trees and world domination, half the female candidates look like bad adverts for plastic surgery and the aspiring actor pretty much admitted his aim is publicity.

They get dumber every year, I swear that Junior Apprentice a few years back fielded better candidates.

Soldato
I tried watching the first episode to see if they have switched up the formula a bit and nope, still the same old tasks and same old fake reaction shots/scripted scenes. How are these fake reaction shots still a thing? Surely everyone knows its fake? Or is it like with Top Gear and having to pretend to yourself that its not all scripted?

Caporegime
I tried watching the first episode to see if they have switched up the formula a bit and nope, still the same old tasks and same old fake reaction shots/scripted scenes. How are these fake reaction shots still a thing? Surely everyone knows its fake? Or is it like with Top Gear and having to pretend to yourself that its not all scripted?

I saw a quote recently that this series has no script, well I guess after so long they don't need one as everyone knows how they have to act.

Soldato
I saw a quote recently that this series has no script, well I guess after so long they don't need one as everyone knows how they have to act.

Haven't they always denied having a script in the first place? I have seen stories from past contestants that shed light on the fact a lot of the scenes are staged and the production staff hold up notes telling them what to say and encouraging them to argue etc.

Script or no script, they're still editing in the fake reactions. Someone says something mildly stupid, shot cuts to a totally different scene where everyones looking out of the window in silence.. Ok.. Repeat again and again throughout the show. I'd rather just see how people really react, rather than some bizarre scene stitched in that doesn't even fit the situation.

Caporegime
What's with all the trout lips? how do they think that looks good? :eek:

I think at this point it's just become the go to show for people who couldn't get on shallow programmes like Love Island and Geordie Shore. In a couple of years all of the blokes will look like bodybuilders.

Associate
I thought I would watch the first one as it was in Malta and might be interesting, but I don't thimk I can watch any more episodes, the contestants are too annoying

Caporegime
How the hell do you know these things?

it's pretty obvious. as in how can you not tell?

it's a huge thing now. i saw a woman in the street last year and i could not believe what i was looking at. i mean her lips looked as if they were at bursting point. obviously had them done on the cheap.

Associate
People still watch this? It's just full of vacant pretty people with huge egos now.
For me at least, that's half the appeal - seeing those colossal egos get taken down, regardless of how much is scripted or not scripted - sometimes with a verbal broadside from Sugar and sometimes just by their own stupidity/arrogance.

That and the way the women get all catty and hissy if the girl's team loses and the blame game starts of course :D

Soldato
isn't it the stereotype/petri-dish of millenial behaviour ?, you've got to watch a few things like this to understand them;
the BBC does the rest of the population an educational service with this kind of programme.

I'm sure if we re-played a broadcast from 20years ago it would be similarly representative, and we could see how the educational and linguistic behaviour has deteriorated since.

Back
Top Bottom