The ASRock thread [support/feedback/etc]

Associate
I just wanted to provide some feedback on the Taichi X370 board as I was a bit nervous with Ryzen and Ram after reading other people's general experiences. I shouldn't have been as this board is flawless, I currently have my Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C (2x8 GB sticks) working at 3200 with just selecting the xmp profile (this is on the bios it came with v1.50). I also did a quick CPU overclock to 3.7ghz at stock voltage and everything is buttery smooth with no issues.

I definitely recommend this board!
It's a fantastic board for sure, my only issue was 2.0 reduced the speed of my ram, I'm sure the next bios will sort that out though. I would definitely recommend it as well, everything has ran perfectly.

Associate
@welshboy Thanks mate. I got the 1700 cpu, will be messing around with overclocking a little bit later as I need to do a clean windows install. Congrats on the purchase and you won't regret it, I was in the same boat as you mulling it over due to general ryzen issues reported but glad I did. I have also yet to flash the MB to the latest BIOS which I am sure will also yield further improvements and refinement.

@Kavalier definitely happy with mine

@Chewie what overclock did you achieve, voltage, temps, is it on stock cooler (will probably keep the stock cooler until more brackets become available)

My 1700X is running at 3.9Ghz using P states overclocking. 1.35V CPU voltage selected in BIOS and showing as 1.337V via HWiNFO64. I haven't really tried to push the frequency any higher as I don't want to pass the 1.35V mark.

As for cooling I'm using a "modded" Corsair Hydro H105, replaced the original fans by two Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition.

Temperature wise (using the real CPU package sensor, so minus the 20°C offset) I've seen it go between 28°C at the lowest and 70°C at the highest. I also use the new "Ryzen Balanced Power plan" provided by AMD a couple of days ago.

Associate
It's a fantastic board for sure, my only issue was 2.0 reduced the speed of my ram, I'm sure the next bios will sort that out though. I would definitely recommend it as well, everything has ran perfectly.

Thanks for letting me know, might avoid that and just flash to 1.60 until a newer 2.+ version comes out

Associate
My 1700X is running at 3.9Ghz using P states overclocking. 1.35V CPU voltage selected in BIOS and showing as 1.337V via HWiNFO64. I haven't really tried to push the frequency any higher as I don't want to pass the 1.35V mark.

As for cooling I'm using a "modded" Corsair Hydro H105, replaced the original fans by two Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition.

Temperature wise (using the real CPU package sensor, so minus the 20°C offset) I've seen it go between 28°C at the lowest and 70°C at the highest. I also use the new "Ryzen Balanced Power plan" provided by AMD a couple of days ago.

That's sweet! For the time being I will stick with the stock cooler and see if I can get 3.8 - I will be delving into P State Overlocking soon, don't think I will have as much time tonight but will see. Thanks for reminding me about the Ryzen Balanced Power plan, read about it but haven't tried it yet

Associate
OP
@AsrockMB Can you please let us know what the mosfets/vrm's are on the AB350 Gaming K4 and the PRO 4 please? There is some debate that they are subpar in quality even though you have higher phases than most other manufacturers B350 boards. (And I am keen to get either the K4, or the PRO 4).

Thanks.
Sorry for the delay, but we got a response from HQ (don't have the boards ourselves in Europe yet) - same VRM design on both boards, ISL95712HRZ-T is the controller.

Associate
@AsrockMB can you tell me where I can find the X370 Killer SLI a/c in the UK? Every vendor seems to be selling the non a/c version, but I want the one with the wifi module included? Not everyone has a LAN connection available near their desktop... Very frustrating! cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
@AsrockMB can you tell me where I can find the X370 Killer SLI a/c in the UK? Every vendor seems to be selling the non a/c version, but I want the one with the wifi module included (as for example ******* are selling in the US)? Not everyone has a LAN connection available near their desktop... Very frustrating! cheers

Be careful... I'm in the US, but certain companies will ship to the UK, so are considered a competitor, and you may get a suspension for mentioning their name (I got one for the very same company you mentioned, and I was like "WTF???".

Soldato
So it seems like the AB350 PRO 4 and the K4 are basically the same board with different colors. The only meaningful difference seems to be Creative Cinema 3, and that the PRO 4 kinda looks cheap and ugly with it's heatsinks lol. Is there any reason to get the K4 instead? (I don't care about the audio side).

Associate
Be careful... I'm in the US, but certain companies will ship to the UK, so are considered a competitor, and you may get a suspension for mentioning their name (I got one for the very same company you mentioned, and I was like "WTF???".

Thanks - don't want that so have edited it out!

Question remains for @AsrockMB - any chance of the X370 Killer mobo with wifi module included anytime soon? Anyone from overclockers able to comment if you'll stock it and when?

Thanks

Associate
I just wanted to provide some feedback on the Taichi X370 board as I was a bit nervous with Ryzen and Ram after reading other people's general experiences. I shouldn't have been as this board is flawless, I currently have my Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C (2x8 GB sticks) working at 3200 with just selecting the xmp profile (this is on the bios it came with v1.50). I also did a quick CPU overclock to 3.7ghz at stock voltage and everything is buttery smooth with no issues.

I definitely recommend this board!

Appreciate the info on that RAM as that is one of the ones I am looking to buy.

Associate
Interesting finding following an interesting article from Hardware.fr (http://www.hardware.fr/articles/959-5/nouvel-agesa-diminuer-latence-ram.html)

Basically the latest BIOS with the new AGESA microcode from AMD introduced a memory related option to improve RAM compatibility. This options is called "Bank Group Swap" in the Asrock bios and if you leave it on "Auto" the latest BIOS will disable it (again to improve compatibility) but it will cost you performance wise. So if like me you never had an issue running with it enable before (meaning with the previous BIOS/AGESA) you're better off enabling it manually. In my case you can see the difference in the below screenshots.

ON

OFF

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Interesting finding following an interesting article from Hardware.fr (http://www.hardware.fr/articles/959-5/nouvel-agesa-diminuer-latence-ram.html)

Basically the latest BIOS with the new AGESA microcode from AMD introduced a memory related option to improve RAM compatibility. This options is called "Bank Group Swap" in the Asrock bios and if you leave it on "Auto" the latest BIOS will disable it (again to improve compatibility) but it will cost you performance wise. So if like me you never had an issue running with it enable before (meaning with the previous BIOS/AGESA) you're better off enabling it manually. In my case you can see the difference in the below screenshots.

Just given this a test, and on my system it gives no benefit what so ever. Enabled/Disabled scores are identical to within margin of error.

Associate
Hi guys,
Any idea what the C8 error stands for?

My taichi + 1700x + 16GB G.SKILL F4-3200C16D-16GTZR were stable for over two weeks at 4ghz and 2933 RAM with 1.94 bios. Now all of a sudden after restart yesterday I got in to F9 boot loop.
After multiple resets and also flashing to 2.0 bios I can't get the system to boot with more than 2400 RAM. I am getting either C8 or F9 error if I try higher RAM speeds, however CPU is still overclocking fine to 4ghz.

I had the F9 in the past only whed tried the RAM at 3200 (wich btw is listed as supported at 3200 speeds) but, never ever had C8.

Associate
Mmm...maybe because you are running at 2400Mhz the "auto" setting had it enabled already. As it is supposed to help with memory compatibility I suspect "Auto" had it disabled for me since my memory was set to 3200Mhz.

Just to confirm have you tried to bench with the setting forced to disabled? If you do see a decrease in performance it would indeed confirm that "Auto" had it enabled for you already.

Back
Top Bottom