The Battle Starts Here - Volleys Only

Soldato
Welcome to the Battle gallery:) The purpose of this thread is to showcase the volleys, no other chit chat in here. If you can, underneath your image put what song inspired you for your volley.

To the players, remember to read the rules in this thread and stick to them!

Click here for the Battle Discussion Thread

Volley 1
blackpower.jpg

Inspiration: Dead Prez - Hip Hop

tom

tom

Soldato
Right then people, i've been looking forward to my turn coming around, and now that it has, I give you 'Rivalry':

rivalry.jpg

Inspiration; Shook Ones- Mobb Deep, Bang Bang- Dr. Dre.

Although personally, I am not entirely pleased with the end result, I think I have portrayed what I originally intended. The image represents the darkness to Rap/Hip-Hop music and the rivalry between bands and associations, most famously the east and west-coast gangs.

The Russian symbol heavy-rotation used in his image, I have used to represent a type of gang symbol embossed on to a stereo-typical rapper car.

On that note, I hand it over to you, Seraphim.

//Tom

Soldato
Volly 7

music_battle.jpg

Insparation: The best band Red Hot Chili Peppers, and their bass player Flea. I created this while listening to their 'One Hot Minute' album.

I'm still not 100% happy about it, but I think this will do.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Volley 9

volley9.jpg

-=Tribute to the Greatest American Stadium Rock Band=-

(sorry for the long wait, internet connection has been playing up)

necland

N

necland

volley11.jpg

Paul Van Dyke - Nothing But You (pvd club mix)

bleh, not what i was after at all, kind of zonked out from an interesting weekend-carryover monday :D
guess it will have to do

Associate
prodigy.jpg

The whole "Fat of the Land" album inspired this. Also got the cop from Babys got a temper making an appearance.

Made the army combat colour grungy effect using various filters, turned out quite nice.
And the characature is the one from the insert in the FotL album which i drew via mouse years ago when i was a kid (must b the oldest file on my pc actually). Then whacked a messed with version of neclands centre image in the background of it.

Soldato
pianoprint.jpg

Pianoprint.

I took the cog and other circular thingy from Universal's picture, but the rest is totally my own work.

Created from Rachmaninov and Steve Reich.

arty

Associate
volley17.jpg

Sorry, Its a bit of a rush job but I didnt want to hold you all up.

Inspiration is The Rolling Stones, hidden in there are album covers and stuff.

Sorry I've not left anything for you to play with boz.

Ross.

Boz

Boz

Associate
decks.jpg

inspired by all the trance/house djs who have been the soundtrack to my life for the past 3-4 years. :D

it was hard getting ross' image in there but i think i managed it :)

and so thats it

fin

[the original idea for a finale was to make a collage out of all the pieces but seeing are they are all so radically different, i gave up on the idea as it would take me weeks to do]

Back
Top Bottom