The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
When you're failing on bf1, pwn on bf4 :)

Yeah bf1 has been hit and miss for me recently, I'm still plugging awayy at it. I'm playing better than I was about 3 weeks ago, but 2-3 of us are struggling to swing rounds when we are on a rubbish team. bf4 however even when I'm playing badly it gets messy for the other team. :p
Xonatic and I were both pretty drunk on Friday night and we still turned the server.

Oh and SLI works properly in bf4 ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well it is a bit like saying riding a bike with your hands on the peddles is harder than riding a bike with your feet on the peddles - BF1 seems to intentionally make things a bit arse backwards and difficult for the sake of it.

Soldato
bf4 is easier than bf1 tbh.

like bf3 is to bf4.

unless you a vehicle player and that rules you out completly ;)

You can't really reliably be a "vehicle player" in bf1, the vehicle spawn system is so broken. You don't seem to get the tanker without a tank problem anymore, but you do get:

-Vehicles taken before you get to the start screen
-Attempts to change which tank you want cause you to lose the tank to someone else
-If you keep losing your backcap, then you can be in a situation for ages where your team has no tank at all, as when you recapture your backcap, it resets the spawn timer on your base and backcap. If you sit waiting for the tank, the other team will recap your backcap before your tanks respawn, resetting the timers. This means that one team can have up to 4 tanks on the go while the other team has none because all the infantry have zerged off to less strategically important flags.
-You finally get a tank, but your entire team is at the wrong end of the map and you're surrounded by the other team.

The game rewards people too much for capturing any flag (especially with squad orders) but puts no value on which are strategically important to win the round.

Then you've got the people trying to do something unhelpful 10 times in a row so they can get their medal!11on1!

Caporegime
Oh how you all make me laugh, bf 4 easier than bf 1, such noobs :D :D :D

BF 4 only seems easier cause you don't have game gimping mechanics that puts everyone on the same level playing field as in bf 1, take away those crutches for the **** players and they would get annihilated ;) That and also because they took the gun mechanics and completely changed what we have been used to 6+ years.

DICE/EA are all about casuals and catering to them now. I don't think I will be buying another BF title in the future unless it goes back to the perfect balance it had between arcade and sim i.e. bc 2 (hardcore mode), bf 3/4 and besides, I'm pretty bored of the standard modern and WW era FPS shooters now. And don't even get me started on the vehicle combat system for bf 1... Complete and utter zero skill involved now, especially for dog fighting/air combat...

EDIT: Thinking about it... I suppose you could say that bf 4 is easier since technically it is... as in, not only are you having to fight the enemy team in bf 1 but you are also having to overcome the utterly retarded mechanics of the game :D

And speed is fine, still get constant 150MB, packet loss problem is still there so until it is fixed, no online games for me :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
haha true, sneaking wording ;)

Updated my post to add this:

Thinking about it... I suppose you could say that bf 4 is easier since technically it is... as in, not only are you having to fight the enemy team in bf 1 but you are also having to overcome the utterly retarded mechanics of the game :D

So yeah, you could say bf 4 is easier :D :p

Caporegime
And there is that! :D

Amusing seeing x get so annoyed about it that he even made a dedicated video about gas and how to use it :D That is the only reason why I would buy the game, just sheer trollage to be had with it :D

Back
Top Bottom