The Beach - TV series

Caporegime
Written by a guy who does tween drama, this won't suck at all..........

As a series, no, not really, theres nothing on the island, theres smeg all to do, they'll either "Lostify" it, so add random nonsense till it gets so big they can't explain it then finish it throwing god into the mix, or, can't think of anything else that would make it interesting. I mean take the film, how many times can the food go bad, the drug growers find them, they get insanely sick and die, or turn on each other before the series ends, basically once each.

Soldato
OP
I imagine they'll center it around the boring relationships of the impossibly-pretty (yet mind-numbingly dull) cast, just as with any of these tween dramas tbh. I'm skeptical, but as a fan of the book, I'm hopeful it will be alright. Although I'm not going to be holding my breath...

I wonder which real-life beach they'll be using for filming.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the book and thought the film was great and can only hope that this follows them.

However the writer could destroy this if he does the teen relationship rubbish thing and stick in some cheating, a pregnancy, something unexplained and a murder for good measure.

Then rinse, repeat etc etc.

Soldato
could be good, could be terrible. my hunch is the latter.

i loved the movie. never read the book. but more girly tween romance BS would be terrible.

i guess a cut off society on an island with a massive weed field has potential. i wouldnt mind a holiday there :)

Soldato
OP
Well on the upside, it should at least have some stunning eye-candy. Both in terms of the filming locations and indeed the bikini-clad cast.

But on the downside it's FOX... So they'll probably show the episodes in the wrong order and then cancel it after the first season, regardless of how good it is (or if it's awful they'll string it out for 9 seasons).

Last edited:
Permabanned
Never knew there was a novel tbh

I know American shows, and I know the target audience. Not hard to predict it will be crap :D I have a soft spot for Rachel Bison, so to my shame I caught a few episodes of the OC...she's oh so hot though.

Back
Top Bottom