The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Couldntfind if there was a thread on this already. Spin off from the Mando series. Hope Kathleen Kennedy has nothing to do with it.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Jon Favreu pitched it to Kathleen Kennedy.

I'm not saying she's great or anything, certainly the star wars sequels were mostly poor but literally we wouldn't have the Mandalorian without her ok-ing it in the first place.

Yes, she is CEO of Lucasfilm after all but my point was when she had a lot of creative input it was a disaster and the sequels was a testimony to that. She has no understanding of SW ethos not does she care about legacy or the fanbase. All she cares about is how it promotes her and make money. I am not saying that's any different from any other executive but she doesn't come across as competent and did a lot of damage to the franchise. Certainly not the safe hands she promised when George sold out.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I don't understand what this is trying to say.

luv original trilogy love mando luv favreau. not sexis, just dont laik her, simple as.

My biggest criticism is trying to kill off all the old characters for no obvious reason other than replace SW with her vision of whatever she thinks is SW.

What has saved SW is original SW material.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Well all the merch recently has just been calling it Boba Fett's Starship or Firespray I think. We'll see if it gets a new name in the show.

I hope it's not Firespray, that sounds terrible. Almost as good as Star Killer Base lol.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I think you'd be surprised, if it's anything like the Mandalorian it's pretty much all filmed on a smallish virtual set.

(Which to be fair is still a lot of money)

It's amazing what they can do. Still expensive but much more production value.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Really enjoyed the first episode, a nod to everything that made the original films great yet still manages to introduce new content/stories, crazy how they weren't able to do that that with the new films.

Exactly, couldn't have put it better. It shows what a sub par job KK and co did with the new movies. They were so quick to knock down all the original , concepts, characters, story rather than build from them. Mark Hamill famously questioned what they were making wasn't SW. Luke and the Jedi would never give up or behave like that. But got muzzled for so much hinting any negativity. This is 'their' SW not my SW I quote.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I thought it was good. Lots of fan service and very similar to the Mando series. Did like the intro of

Hutt Twins and Ex Gladiator Dark Wookie

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Although I was hyped for this I've been busy so haven't seen any of this, and by the sound of it I now won't bother. I had faith that now he's no longer a side character he might be a bit more badass but it sounds like the opposite. Shame, but I suppose it really is just a drop in the ocean when it comes to wasted Star Wars opportunities.

It's not nearly as bad as some made out. Yes there are parts that might not be everyone liking but overall I would still enjoy it. It's interesting to see other parts, other characters of Jabba's domain.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Brilliant. Loved the nods from the previous movies.

Anyone notice when he was testing the new ship it looked like the same route, Anakin took during the pod race in episode 1.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I like the part

X- Wing Pilot - How did it Jump? He didnt power up his Hyper Drive?
Captain Carson Teva - He didnt Jump kid, those are his sub light thrusters.

:D :D :D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Still better than the latest Skywalker movies. Yes it was far from perfect but at least it was in the same ball park. Not the complete garbage from Rian and co.

Back
Top Bottom