The Boys (Amazon Prime)

I probably wasn't paying enough attention, who is the current Noir? I think I thought they were just paying some actor to walk around in his suit, but obviously he is a supe... (The OG Noir did die at the hands of Homelander, right? Or am I remembering all wrong?)
I'm still confused and I'm positive I paid attention!

Black Noir 1 was 100% mute and had disfigurements, at the hands of Soldier Boy. Homelander ripped his insides out when he realised that Black Noir 1 had kept the fact Soldier Boy was his father from him (End of season 3).

I think Black Noir 2 is supposed to be an actor, who also happens to be a supe, who has the same or similar powers to Black Noir 1, plus the ability to fly (I think he mentioned that randomly in one of the last 2 episodes). Clearly not mute either!

rp2000

Not ready for this season to end already, come on A-Train redemption arc and a decent fight between him and Homelander.

Reactions: Kyo
Bit weird A-train didn't appear at all. On the whole not a bad season, it's just getting a bit samey now, and I guess they were always gonna leave loads of stuff for next year's (I hope) final season. Off course it looks like a part of the story could continue in Gen-V Season 2, assuming that come's out first.

rp2000

I enjoyed the last episode. It wasnt exactly the most explosive episode or season but sets the next season nicely.

Season 4 was all over the place but still interested so see how they will wrap it up. I hope they don't borrow too much from the comics because the ending of that is just an absolute disaster.

Season 4 was all over the place but still interested so see how they will wrap it up. I hope they don't borrow too much from the comics because the ending of that is just an absolute disaster.
Saw an interview with the showrunner and he said they wouldn't be doing the same ending as the comics.

Been a while since i last read it. Was under the impression it deviated well away from the comics some time ago?

Not a bad season but previous better. Still by far one of the best shows around - there is 99% nothing now, so at least we have this.

Can't wait for Season 5 !! Lets hope it gets made, with the way the insanity of the USA is right now - which ironically isn't far off this show at all, I sure hope S5 gets made.

Been a while since i last read it. Was under the impression it deviated well away from the comics some time ago?
Yes, there's quite a few differences and the main character (Black Noir) in the comics for the Homelander story is not the same in the show, so ending has to be different. But the Butcher storyline could still be similar to the comic.

Last edited:
Homelander had very few decent scenes this season - at times it was just an actor in a suit, walking around sulking. I think he was wasted this season and i rate Antony Starr - as Homelander and in Banshee.

didnt feel it reached the heights of the previous seasons but still very much enjoyed it , I like how it ended sets the next season up nicely

I thought the ending of the comic brought the plot together well and although the tone changes for the epilogue it is thematically aligned.
Saw an interview with the showrunner and he said they wouldn't be doing the same ending as the comics.
There is nothing of the comic in this show. The show uses the comic as wallpaper to decorate an entirely different story not one of the characters is consistent with the comics. Homelander and Butcher being utterly unlike their comic counterparts. This show is its own thing in it's madly gleefully gory way.

I do worry how it will be pulled together, there is a little bit of an overarching plot with Butcher and Homelander but all the other characters feel like they're running round doing make work.

God knows how they're going to turn this around, Sage pulled it off.

I'm annoyed they built up A-Train all season and then nothing in the finale.

Was not expecting Neuman to go like that, with how they've been building her up all season, Not a fan on how Butcher is now going full supe.

Not the best ending to a season even with it picking the pace up, with how this ended get the feeling s5 is going to be slow to start,

Back
Top Bottom