Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wheel woolies seem to be highly regarded but seem expensive to me!
I've found the cheapo wheel brush with bristles from halfords is the perfect size for those exact alloys.

Nice car, same as mine but I must say I find the colours confusing... is that Azurite, Carbon black or something else? Mines Azurite and I swear I see loads every day unless the carbon is just extremely similar..

prbE25p.jpg

Soldato
Wheel woolies seem to be highly regarded but seem expensive to me!
I've found the cheapo wheel brush with bristles from halfords is the perfect size for those exact alloys.

Nice car, same as mine but I must say I find the colours confusing... is that Azurite, Carbon black or something else? Mines Azurite and I swear I see loads every day unless the carbon is just extremely similar..

prbE25p.jpg
Carbon black but it's very blue for some reason....

Associate
Can anyone recommend a good car cleaning kit (the only one I know of is the Auto Glym collection but that seems pricey!). Or am I better getting individual items and building my own kit?

Man of Honour
Carbon black but it's very blue for some reason....

Carbon Black is Blue. It's not black at all, it's just so dark it looks black in most lights. :p

My F10 is Carbon Black, it looks an excellent deep blue in the sun, and mostly black the rest of the time.

Azurite is slightly more blue, but the same idea.

Soldato
Just before i bought my car it had a full professional paint correction detail so it was absaloutly mint from when i bought it up until today.

3 weeks ago i decided to polish and wax it to carry on making it look perfect. Come today, i have just snow foamed it, washed and dried it and it now looks utter gash, swirl marks everywhere lol....

I used Halfords polishing pad and buffers to do it all. Guess i have done something wrong when polishing/waxing? It looked spot on up until now .Only other thing i can think of is that i have changed my snow foam to Bilt Hamber. Anyone had a bad experiance with this?

Soldato
Just before i bought my car it had a full professional paint correction detail so it was absaloutly mint from when i bought it up until today.

3 weeks ago i decided to polish and wax it to carry on making it look perfect. Come today, i have just snow foamed it, washed and dried it and it now looks utter gash, swirl marks everywhere lol....

I used Halfords polishing pad and buffers to do it all. Guess i have done something wrong when polishing/waxing? It looked spot on up until now .Only other thing i can think of is that i have changed my snow foam to Bilt Hamber. Anyone had a bad experiance with this?
snow foam won't give you swirl marks.

you sure they were simply not masked by something? a glaze? and you simply removed the coating that was on it by polishing the whole car..

Soldato
Was wondering if snowfoam has stripped it all away?

What can i put on it to put this glaze back on? I thought that was what polishing n waxing was for lol... Can only see these swirls when the sun is reflecting off of it but its still doing my head in.

Man of Honour
New toy has arrived :D will be testing this Sunday

jasxweV.jpg

I have the same one, it's really good. Also 5mm of liquid can make all the different between falls off in seconds and minutes. I use more than they tell me I should, but for me it creates a much better foam.

Man of Honour
amazon order? I picked the same up and the magifoam wasn't much good! Don't think I got the ratios right, so will retest during the week :)
See above, more is better, I would go more than they suggest which makes a thick and strong foam that hangs around for minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom