Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
Ran out of AG Polar Seal so giving Bilt Hamber Touch On a go. Bloody hell it's good! Much much much more slick and hydrophobic than the Polar Seal, you can feel it when drying the towel just glides off and the whole car is done without saturating the towel. BH are such a good brand, basically default for everything for me now.

i hope you mean Touch Less not Touch on (as that's not for pre wash i didn't think)

Underboss
Anyone recommend ceramic sealing of paint work when got new car?

Also what do I use for sealing interior (cloth)?

what length of durability do you want ?

Pan did a great video, some can last 7+ years !

Soldato
what length of durability do you want ?

Pan did a great video, some can last 7+ years !

as long as possible really, got a linky to the video?

Soldato
why do detailer go on about UV protection for interiors like dash/leather/vynle etc from products when the interior isn't getting any UV rays cause the glass filters UV out???

i mean tiny amount of UVA come is passed through from glass, but i believe the films manufacturers apply to the glass blocks those so basically zero UV comes through into the car from windows and windsheilds.

Soldato
why do detailer go on about UV protection for interiors like dash/leather/vynle etc
In the car detailing world (and plenty of other environments), it's irrelevant whether something is solving an actual problem people have, just make enough noise about what the product can do and enough people will start to believe they need a product that does it.

Caporegime
why do detailer go on about UV protection for interiors like dash/leather/vynle etc from products when the interior isn't getting any UV rays cause the glass filters UV out???

i mean tiny amount of UVA come is passed through from glass, but i believe the films manufacturers apply to the glass blocks those so basically zero UV comes through into the car from windows and windsheilds.

More than a tiny amount. And side and rear windows tend not to filter it at all.

Commissario
Bird poo - bane of my life at the moment.

Best product to use to get rid of some stuck on black bits? I wondered about Autoglym tar remover as the black residue left on the car feels a bit like that, any other suggestions?

Caporegime
Bird poo - bane of my life at the moment.

Best product to use to get rid of some stuck on black bits? I wondered about Autoglym tar remover as the black residue left on the car feels a bit like that, any other suggestions?

Are you wanting to quickly clean or do you have a little bit of time?

Autoglym do bird poo wipes which aren't bad. Otherwise a warm, moist paper towel left on top will soften the whole mess.

Commissario
Are you wanting to quickly clean or do you have a little bit of time?

Autoglym do bird poo wipes which aren't bad. Otherwise a warm, moist paper towel left on top will soften the whole mess.
Don't mind, I managed to get most of it off with some wet wipes but it's just the stuck on black residue that needs removing and I don't want to scratch it off for obvious reasons. Will give the warm paper towel method a go first, cheers.

Caporegime
Don't mind, I managed to get most of it off with some wet wipes but it's just the stuck on black residue that needs removing and I don't want to scratch it off for obvious reasons. Will give the warm paper towel method a go first, cheers.

Can use a cloth or whatever as well, just make sure you leave it on for a good while to let it soften.

Associate
Another vote for Bilt Hamber - Autowheel as this is the only fall out remover based wheel cleaner which after agitation has managed to remove even extremely stubborn brake dust build up which other brands haven’t touched in my experience (Auto Finesse - Iron Out and Autobrite - Purple Rain 3.0 for example)

I would mention that try to avoid unpainted brake calipars as like most fall out remover can discolour them and they appear white/chalky. I only use this when the wheels are heavily contaminated and neglected as using it every wash isn’t economical or required in my opinion.

My recommendation for general maintenance washes would be Autobrite - Britegel
It’s not your typical spray on and rinse off product and does require agitation however it’s a pleasure to use, smells nice and foams up really well when agitated with a detailing brush. I found since it’s gel based you can really work the product without fear of it drying out as quickly as other wheel cleaners. One thing that stood out to me was how clean the tyres came up, it managed to remove previous tyre dressing build and the general brown staining ready for a fresh tyre dressing application.

Directly through Autobrite and ECP it’s £30 odd for 5L however over on Amazon it’s £18 for 5L with next day delivery if you have prime.

You would have to decant into your own “Chemical Resistant” trigger spray bottle though.

Nice one. Thinking of going down this route. The wheels get a good caking of brake dust but giving a good going over with Britegel and then a quick blast of Autowheel seems economical way of doing it. Was thinking of then sealing with some Poorboys sealant to see me through for less frequent and easier wheel cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom