Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I only ever use autoglym interior shampoo and then vinyl and rubber care for the finishing coat. Can’t say there’s anything more than dust to clean off, so they’ve never had a real test.

Man of Honour
Used autoglym pure shampoo for the first time. Seemed to do a decent job. Also used it for a quick soft top clean - seems to have removed the tiny bit of grime on there without doing any damage. I don’t think I appreciated how much effort a black soft top would be to keep clean, blink and the algae grows back or it’s covered in spring seeds/fluff whatever it is.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Cross post from the Show Us Your Motors thread but I had a stage one paint correction and Ceramic coating applied last week. I've really struggled to get a decent shot of it to show it off though, it looks much better in the flesh.

Ev3YifQ.jpg

uVuoxRS.jpg

GX7WhMk.jpg

Underboss
I managed to clean my car yesterday

its extremely difficult to do it at my home , car is parked away from home, on another street etc

so i went to my dads and i finally tested out the bilt hamber auto foam on a worx hydroshot portable pressure washer

i wasn't impressed with it, unless it was the ratio wrong..

1. Pre Wash

Worx Hydroshot with Amazon Quick release snow foam bottle , with a 1mm ? orfice in it

Ratio for BH was 300ml BH, 700ml Water

it was just running off the car

maybe ill try 50/50 next time ?

2. Contact Wash

Autoglym Bodywork shampoo and conditioner

3. Polish

Autoglym Super Resin Polish

4. Wax Sealant

Autoglym Wax Sealant , put on and leave for almost an hour, then buff off

Although i have Car Pro Hydro2 ceramic spray, i prefer to use the sealant after a polish as with this one its a case of rinsing off and spraying as you go

my wax is almost empty now, recommend me a better one to replace this with please, something that will protect the paintwork for longer
and im going to get some pads for polish and another for wax rather than microfiber cloth , so i dont get mixed up with the rest of my cloths, what do you guys use ?

thanks

Associate
so i went to my dads and i finally tested out the bilt hamber auto foam on a worx hydroshot portable pressure washer

i wasn't impressed with it, unless it was the ratio wrong..

1. Pre Wash

Worx Hydroshot with Amazon Quick release snow foam bottle , with a 1mm ? orfice in it

Ratio for BH was 300ml BH, 700ml Water

it was just running off the car

maybe ill try 50/50 next time ?

I had the same issue, put it down to either bad ratio or the car not being quite dry when I sprayed it on

So last year I ditched my focus of 13 years and bought a BMW. Thought I’d better look after it and over that year it’s gotten out of hand. I’ve joined a few pages and be sent stuff as well as won some items. The trolly I was using wasn’t ideal so Screwfix had a good unit for £40 which I then blagged £10 off in store plus a £25 voucher I had so it only cost me £5 in the end.

Soldato
Bilt Hamber pre-washes are more runny compared to other foams, but that's fine as they've proven to be fantastic pre-washes. I think the detailing market has jumped to shark somewhat and there's now a lot of brands and products, with a lot that don't do as they claim, especially some snow foams.

The Worx most likely isn't powerful enough, I've seen 90 bar claimed as the pressure figure for small orifice fittings although I've had good results with my Greenworks 70bar unit.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Bloody Parcelfarce failed to deliver my new stuff from in2detailing and now I can't get it until after the weekend unless I make the hour and a half round trip to their depot. *******.

Underboss
Bilt Hamber pre-washes are more runny compared to other foams, but that's fine as they've proven to be fantastic pre-washes. I think the detailing market has jumped to shark somewhat and there's now a lot of brands and products, with a lot that don't do as they claim, especially some snow foams.

The Worx most likely isn't powerful enough, I've seen 90 bar claimed as the pressure figure for small orifice fittings although I've had good results with my Greenworks 70bar unit.

Yeah I've heard that from you before I think

What ratio do you use ?

I realise BH is runier but mine just literally ran off as soon as it hit the car

Soldato
I use 300ml to 700ml water with the Greenworks and MJJC Pro lance, that's 4% PIR for my setup. When I had the Worx, I didn't have a foam lance but I had the soaper which obviously isn't the same thing. I tried working out PIR with that but even after siphoning 20l of water there was still a lot of water in the soap bottle.

So it's either the pressure isn't enough to create a vacuum (I assume that's how lances work considering you're not left with water in the bottle afterwards), or it was the soaping unit itself. I don't think it is the soaper because its the same principle, just without a gauze to create the foam.

Try calcuting the water needed for 4% PIR. If the water you push through is so vast that 4% calculates to needing more product than the lance can hold, then you know it's the lack of pressure.

Soldato
Go a Halfords DA other day on a whim as on offer and been meaning to try my hand at paint correcting for years..

Washed and clayed the car, done

Bought the meguiars paint restore kit.

Used ultimate compound last night with reasonable results which I'm quite happy with removed most of the light swirls on my budget clio test bed :D. Anyone got any tips on being efficient with the DA? As I spent ages on the bonnet last night getting the technique right

Once I've done panel by panel I move onto the polishing stage is that just a case of more of the same but quicker once over each panel then buff off?

I plan to go back to the car on Monday to finish the process off but I don't want to waste time or spend forever on it as I'm only looking for a 75% improvement, I respect that you can chase and chase perfection with detailing and so long as it's a marked improvement I'm happy

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I think you live near me (based on the JS car park photo) so if you need anything for plans you had this weekend let me know, happy to help out.
Cheers, yep we're in the same area.

It was just some CarPro shampoo to compliment the ceramic I had put on, amongst other things.

It's ok though, not the end of the world. More annoying than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom