Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
bilt hamber auto foam for pre wash

then in winter, ONR using the spray nozzle

that's what i have in mind at the moment

I've got some car pro waterless wash which ill use for now instead of ONR

hoping tro wash tomorrow

in fact i did try snow foam in the sink, added 20ml each time, did 100ml with 1L in the end, but seemed runny
but im going to test on the car with 300ml BH with 1.5L of water

if that's not working, then i might try some carbon collective snow foam as per video

Soldato
Don't forget BH foams are runnier than others, although the guy who runs the Forensic Detailing channel said they've recently tweaked Touch-Less for more cling.

So I received some purchases from CarScope including Siege wheel cleaner, Rotor Wheel shampoo, their wheel dressing brush and their dual pack of brushes. Below is the softer brush of the two that I'll use for the interior:

Used it on the interior today and was impressed, the bristles have some strength to them so they don't just flatten outward when cleaning but the tips are freyed and soft.

Word of warning for anyone who uses diluted products: give any diluted solution that has been stored for a few months a whiff before using it, the GT interior cleaner 10:1 I had smelled musky but only realised after starting to clean the first door card. Will probably only make small batches of 200ml or so next time, even though the stuff has been kept in a pitch black cupboard.

Underboss
Word of warning for anyone who uses diluted products: give any diluted solution that has been stored for a few months a whiff before using it, the GT interior cleaner 10:1 I had smelled musky but only realised after starting to clean the first door card. Will probably only make small batches of 200ml or so next time, even though the stuff has been kept in a pitch black cupboard

diluted ?

hmm wondering if my 5L of autofoam is going off..

Underboss
Used the battery sprayer on the car, 300ml of product and warm water 1.5L

Using it on the car was much much better, it manage to cover the whole Car and all 4 wheels , still plenty of battery left to do another 1 or 2 cars, only used 1 light out of 3

Cleaned very well, didn't bother getting buckets out this time

Man of Honour
Seems to be the only coolish cloudy day forecast today, so looks like it’s car cleaning time. It’ll get dusty and sap on it, but better than not doing it. Annoyingly despite the dry weather there’s a water leak on the road meaning I get a daily spray :(

Soldato
Used the battery sprayer on the car, 300ml of product and warm water 1.5L

Using it on the car was much much better, it manage to cover the whole Car and all 4 wheels , still plenty of battery left to do another 1 or 2 cars, only used 1 light out of 3

Cleaned very well, didn't bother getting buckets out this time

Does it take much longer than with a pressure washer? The only videos I can find are people spraying it on wheels, and the spray doesn't look very wide.

Soldato
Sounds ok, the main draw for me is how quiet it is, so I don't have to wait until a reasonable time on a weekend morning, or can do it in the evening without the pressure washer annoying everyone.

Associate
Needed some wheel cleaner advice. My OH wheels are always caked in brake dust within weeks of washing them with combination of BH Surfex HD, Autofoam or Autowash during the wash process.

I have used BH Auto Wheel in the past but it did not last very long and now realised should have blasted as much caked on stuff off then apply it to not waste the product.

Just looking for a new wheel clean regime and products.

Garage Therapy /ONE: Wheel Shampoo to deal with the bulk of the cleaning and then a post wash spraying the wheels with an iron fallout remover.

Should this be enough? I was also looking at the Autosmart Smart Wheels in a diluted format to just spray on and then come back and blast them down. Do I need this in addition to a wheel shampoo?

I will also load this in a pump sprayer to make it easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom