The cost of living.

Soldato
How much had the increase in price on energy, food, fuel and other things this year affected your monthly income and lifestyle?

We have seen some crazy changes in prices this year i.e. during the first few months of covid, a local garage had diesel at 98p!

Now the same garage has diesel at 146.9p

Soldato
OP
Out of interest how much is a litre of petrol/diesel in your area?

The avg here (Durham) is 145.9p per litre, the highest I have seen is at a local service station at 160.9p per litre.

Soldato
OP
Just done my weekly shop, I am noticing less offers in the supermarkets, even the clubcard scheme that Tesco has seems por atm.

Using this as an example, I used to buy a crate of Pepsi max every month for my works locker, and I have no seen one lower than £8.50 in a long time, they used to be at £6.50 at least one week per month.

I feel that foods a really hard one to track as shopping varies so much each week. I've also just paid the highest so far this year to fill my tank up at £87.

Soldato
OP
After what's happened lately, and increases in just about everything, anyone noticing any difference yet?

I have noticed a considerable amount of an increase on my monthly bills, nearly £400 a month from gas/electric/fuel and food alone.

Back
Top Bottom