The Display Cabinet

Associate
Picked up a paintbrush for the first time in 20 years!

Base coated and quick-shaded a few Zombicide figures, these are a few mins after putting the Army Painter 'Quickshade' on ...

image6.JPG

image7.JPG

image2.JPG

image4.JPG

Soldato
Learnt a lesson last night don't try and prime two rows of figures, both ruined now as they are like sandpaper :(

Get some Fairy Power Spray mate. Soak them in it for a few hours or over night then take a tooth brush to them under some warm running water. Trust me - I completely ballsed up some Zombicide figures after priming, painting, varnishing and dull coating - and then spilling paint on them. This left them looking like new :) It'll get primer off in no time. Keep the stuff you use too - i've used the same jar of liquid for about 30 models so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Cheers Warble, will give it a go when I get home from work, looked up at bit on the net as well, something called Simple Green which is sold over here as well as the states so may pick up both and see which works better!

Really enjoying painting these figures, even the missus is doing some which has stopped me getting trouble for buying new paints all the time :)

$118 on the S1 box, $200 on paint and sprays etc so far!

Soldato
Cheers Warble, will give it a go when I get home from work, looked up at bit on the net as well, something called Simple Green which is sold over here as well as the states so may pick up both and see which works better!

Gl mate. I've tried both btw - Fairy kicks arse. It even worked on a model that had been painted, dipped in army painter quick shade, then painted again cause I didn't like how it looked, dipped again and then matt sprayed :D

Associate
So here's the finished Eldar Avatar.

I've been working on this Forge World model for nearly 3 months on and off. It's the first time in over 15 years since I've painted a miniature, so it was slow going, and some parts (the blending of orange to yellow) were very frustrating. GW paints were used for the entire model, and I really think they've come on leaps and bounds with their paint selection.

There is literally so much detail on this model it takes forever. There's over 50gems to paint, and some parts of the model are very fragile. Anyway, enjoy! :)

29crqxv.jpg

10puj4g.jpg

25kr12u.jpg

34skx8w.jpg

k52wk1.jpg

Associate
Thanks very much!

My next projects are Dante and The Sanguinor in a non-metallic metal style.

Commander Dante has always been by favourite GW miniature. I painted him yonks ago, so I've re-bought the model.

Soldato
Currently painting star wars imperial assault, only done 5 storm troopers, the droids and the AT-ST.

Quite happy with them from the tabletop but nothing like the quality on display here

Still not played the game yet but I am enjoying the painting, plenty of guides for colour schemes and ideas, although I'm trying to go for a more gritty wartorn look instead of adding specific battle damage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom