1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Division 2 - March 2019

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Gregster, Jun 11, 2018.

1. YoungBlood

Wise Guy

It was called "Falcon Lost" found it in the end, spent many a late night farming that.
    Getting into D2 now, on Tier 2 and seems to be absolutely no shortage of people to run missions with. The £2.50 sale has filled the servers back up.

It all seems very easy at the minute, your never really under any risk.
    I'm sure that will change when the harder modes open up to me.

2. Tyrion2

Gangster

Falcon Lost? that was the one where people used to cheese the flame tank in the middle of the room :) and the room was on fire every now and then?

give hardcore a go :)

3. YoungBlood

Wise Guy

Guess you need WT5 for hardcore? The hardest I see now is "hard"
    Just farming gear to access the strongholds to open WT3 now, also doing the specialization missions on the side.

I have no idea what tidal basin is, but looking forward to it :)

4. Tyrion2

Gangster

no, provided you have a character slot free (you get 4 slots per account) you can start a hardcore character from the start, no need to reach wt5 with your regular character :) Honestly, though, it helps to spend some time doing softcore first since it gives you a better idea of what to expect and makes it easier to avoid unforced errors, which means dying and having to restart your character :)

Tidal Basin is the final stronghold which gets you to wt5. I really like it, it's a really well designed mission :) You've got others to look forward to aswell, like the pentagon mission and the coney island 'funhouse' mission :)

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Dragon's Nest is the one with the flames - Falcon Lost has a similar but bigger end room with an APC that fires mortars and you have to plant a bomb on it periodically.

Dragon's Nest drives me up the wall as you can't do it solo (well not reliably - you can kind of trick the buttons) but 9 out of 10 players are too thick to pick up on how to simply press 2 buttons at the same time :(

6. YoungBlood

Wise Guy

I'm stuck Agents, How to I force a mission to go "invaded" so I can fight the Black Tusk as I need to kill the tanks with an EMP blast for the tech specialization?
    I have no black tusk showing on my map (WT4)

I can't access tidal basin yet as too low gear score.

7. Karathez

Hitman

you can only replay the missions that have been invaded that week, bring up your map, mouse over one of the missions that were invaded, in the bottom left it should say press g to toggle invaded, u need to hold the key not just press it.

8. YoungBlood

Wise Guy

I went through all missions on the map, none give me an option for invaded. Just story/normal/hard/challenge
    Now Tidal Basin is locked out "must be invaded" so I can't even use that to get my kills on the tusks war tanks.

EDIT
    Sorted, had to chat to an npc in the White House to kick off the invasion - Map has lit up now :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  9. willhub

Capodecina

Really enjoying The Division 2, just exploring the city and coming across random factions it's Fun.

Not so much into crafting but I enjoy the weapons and armour upgrades, same aspect as Destiny 2 I like.

The graphics are absolutely amazing, I've got it all maxed at 4K on my 2070S desktop, the FPS certainly dip slightly but still playable however what settings can be changed which don't affect perceived graphics but increase FPS? Definitely one of if not the most amazing game out graphically.

There is a bug with HDR I have to disable and reenable when I start the game for it to display correctly.

10. Malevolence

Capodecina

Can someone else try this for me just to make sure that I'm not venting my spleen over a mistake. Go into your loudouts screen and try renaming one to 'Shotgun'.

11. Stelly

Don

Anyone looking forward to Gear 2.0 and the DLC? Its a good time to get back into the game to be honest, not that I have left.... trying to break the top 100 for speedrun times before it drops ;)

Stelly

12. willhub

Capodecina

Is there free DLC in the game?

13. Besty

Mobster

Looking forward to it, just gonna wait for the Warlords Of New York expansion before diving back in.

14. Stelly

Don

15. Stelly

Don

Can understand where you are coming from mate, the only thing that is keeping me going at the moment is my RAID times, anything else I just feel meh about to be honest.

Stelly

16. 'Wes

Capodecina

I'm world tier 3 now and thoroughly enjoying the game to the point where all my other installed games are being neglected.

17. Kronos

Catwalker

Can anyone tell me how to start a new game from scratch, I know I can start a new character but when I get to my Stash box in the White House it is full of weapons ETC.
    I want to start a completely new game without deleting my first character.

18. jpm

Wise Guy

I don't think you can, might be wrong but isn't everything saved server side? Like characters and weapons etc etc

19. Tyrion2

Gangster

I guess you could delete all stash items, but that would be kind of silly in relation to any other characters you have. Also, I doubt that would delete stuff like achievements, so not truly a completely new game. Short of getting a second account and buying the game again, which I know some people did, including me, when the game was £2.50 recently, I think you'll have to wait for the expansion to drop in March. They said they'll be introducing seasons, whether immediately with the expansion or a little later, i don't know, but seasons will give you the chance to start character in a completely new game.

edit: though, i might have misunderstood what seasons will be: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/...easons-in-the-division-2-warlords-of-new-york

I assumed it was starting a fresh character completely from scratch every 3 months.

20. Kronos

Catwalker

That seems a bit daft as the original Division you could start again afresh which has been really great. As this time around I did not have a stash box filled with stuff I will not need, might just sell everything.