The dragon that kills cannot be caught.

Associate
Some of you may remember that my two best friends have died in the past couple of months. I didn't want to discuss the circumstances of their deaths but given the current opioid crisis in Canada and the US, and I assume other parts of the world, I feel that I should, perhaps more as a warning to others than anything else.

My two friends died because they were abusing opiates. My ex girlfriend and close friend who died first had a lot of health problems including chronic kidney infections that caused her a lot of pain, so she had been on hydro-morphone for well over a decade. It wasn't really affecting her properly any more and I'm pretty sure she switched over to actual heroin though I have no proof of this, though she did contact somebody else I knew looking to see if she could get some fentanyl at one point shortly before she passed.

My other friend, who I'd known since we were five years old, had been an opiate addict for a long time as well. It started with him taking perkiset that he would get from his friend who had chronic pain. He'd take one once in awhile because he found it entertaining. Then he met his long time girlfriend who he was with for ten years who was into hard drugs and she got him addicted to heroin. He overdosed twice that I know of. The first time was in his basement where his parents found him unconscious and the second time was on a commuter train where security personnel found him passed out in the bathroom. Both times he was given naloxone and survived. Eventually his heart couldn't take any more.

Both of these people died from cardiac arrest after abusing their bodies for over a decade. One of them had a 7 year old autistic child, who now has to live with his grandparents, who are close to 70 years old. I worry what will happen to him in the next ten years. Will he end up in foster care in his teens? Does he deserve that?

Did my friends deserve to die? I don't know. I think it was incredibly idiotic of my friend not to stop doing drugs after he almost died the first time. It was the pinnacle of idiocy for him to keep going after the second time he almost died. My ex gf was very depressed and had attempted suicide a couple of times and didn't want to live. For all I know she overdosed on purpose and killed herself. I don't know. her boyfriend didn't give me much information and has cut off communication with her friends so I don't really have a clear picture of what happened.

I know from talking to his girlfriend that my other best friend, her boyfriend, had gone to pick up drugs the night he died and that he died at the train station on his way back. I suspect he did some heroin in the bathroom at the train station and his heart couldn't take any more.

Don't do drugs. If you must do drugs, smoke weed, and leave it at that.

Associate
OP
And when a strong leader like Duterte in the Philippines makes a stance to stamp out drug abuse
the UN get all hoity toity and go wet as a fish.... The UN is about as much use as a chocolate fire
guard with their obsession with `uman rights.

You don't think hunting down and murdering drug addicts and traffickers "extra-judicial" style is a bit much?
The point is to save these people, not murder them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom