1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by wannabedamned, Aug 19, 2011.

1. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

So, anyone getting this on Friday? I've watched a few videos online and it does look to be a worthy improvement over the old one, plus the gameplay looks smoother.

I can't wait. :cool:

2. ic1male

Caporegime

I've got it on my rental list for Xbone so I'll see how it looks with this new graphical upgrade before I decide whether to buy for PS4 when it goes down in price.

3. Bigpops

Mobster

Yes.

When it was announced, I swore I wouldn't bother. Then the comparison videos started appearing, and my brother owes me a birthday present, and Skyrim is pretty much my favourite game of all time (even better than my previous favourite, Street Fighter 2), so I have to have it.

Another couple of hundred hours will be spent on it I'm sure.
    I'm already thinking what character I'll go with for the first play through. I think I'll do a pure mage (robes only, no armour) as I really enjoyed that last time I did it, and I think conjuration. The Ritual stone power when there are loads of corpses about it always a laugh. Not sure it that will be powerful enough for master difficulty, but we shall see.

4. Scort

Mobster

Had mine on order since announced.

Had it on PS3 and 360, got nearly 1600 hours of playtime, cannot fault that value for money :D

5. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

I've only ever played one class on every TES game, and that's a Dark Elf mage. I've never once tried anything different. :o Might go for a full on tank warrior or something this time.

This is pretty cool though:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  6. ic1male

Caporegime

That's good going. 5 minutes in and the game crashes on Xbone. :(

7. ic1male

Caporegime

I'm not sure what's going on in this trailer but Skyrim Remastered looks absolutely nothing like this on Xbone. In fact, it's identical to the Xbox 360 version but with better textures. There are zero improvements to the lighting like in the trailer.

8. [SKR]Phoenix

Wise Guy

Really? Well this comparison from a week ago says different...

Should have gone to Spec Savers.

9. Milkybk

Soldato

Downloaded and ready to play later on. Best game series ever in my opinion.

10. Sweetloaf

Soldato

I actually think it looks better on the 360 in some of those clips. Hard to really tell from a compressed clip.

11. McPhee

Soldato

The PS4's crappy mod support put me off. I was tempted, even though I own the Legendary edition through Steam (not hugely useful these days given I only have a 1st gen Surface), but I'm not sure there's enough here to keep me interested.

12. Andr3w

Capodecina

I'm really tempted by the PS4 version as I've ever played any of the DLC before! Worth it? How does it look?

13. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

How anyone can spot any difference from that clip is beyond me. Also has anyone noticed it adds a wierd brown tinge to everything? If thats supposed to be "warm" I can't wait for mods to fix it.

14. jamesy505

Wise Guy

My son is playing it and no crashes so far, maybe 2hrs in

15. Clum

Mobster

Looks good, although not great. Textures are still quite poor in places. Overall pleased with it though, as I never managed to play much of this when it was first released years ago.

Cant get any of the mods to work though! (ps4)

16. ic1male

Caporegime

It must have just been a hiccup. I've given it a good go today and it's not crashed since that first one. I can see some of the improvements with lighting now, it's most apparent at sunrise/sunset when the sun is low in the sky and everything gets bathed in a softer light. The textures are definitely better and haven't had any frame rate issues. Very pleased overall.

17. Jonesiani

Wise Guy

Hi all, bit of a noob question but where can I find, and obtain the mods for skyrim on the PS4? Cheers

18. ic1male

Caporegime

On the title screen there is a menu item for mods. (At least there is on the Xbone, I should imagine it's the same?)

19. Milkybk

Soldato

I'm doing a Battle Mage this run through, playing as a Nord. Pretty strange combo really but I want to mix hand combat with conjuring etc.

20. ic1male

Caporegime

That's what I need to have a try at as I loved conjuring in Oblivion but I went for an archer elf. I love thwacking baddies in the throat from afar.