The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Thanks for those.

I have 4x AA, with everything set to Ultra, with a 560 ti (not on that chart) and getting pretty much constant 60fps. Not dropped below 48/49 (on very rare occasions).

While the textures are not fantastic close up, the sheer size and scope of the game is well, massive.

When you first come out into the open, and see the sheer size of the world, you can see for miles. I just trotted across the map because I saw a busy looking town I liked the look of :D

People with AMD cards have been suffering with this gsme because it needs a driver update to work properly. Playing on an AMD card atm would be comparable to playing on an Nvidia card without the new beta driver.

AMD dont do beta updates though, youll just have to wait for the next driver to fix it.

Have you tried my VSYNC + DXOverrider Tweak?

Or Vsync off Tweak?

:)

Na not yet mate, will try those tonight thanks :)

Also gonna totally remove and reinstall my drivers since I've had BF3 preview, Rage optimized, 11.10 betas, 11.9 whql and various caps all installed over the past month or so.

Okay, so I'm in and creating my first Character. Never played a Elder Scrolls game before. Any advice for my first run or websites worth checking out?

Just go for it mate. Only thing I would say is give some thought on how you want to progress your character. For example if you want a mage then pick a race that complements that choice (i.e. high elf) and try not get into sword fights and stuff.

Skyrim and its predecessors are all about the side quests. Please don't complete the main quest within a few hours then come here moaning about a short game :D It's a world for you to do as you wish.

People with AMD cards have been suffering with this gsme because it needs a driver update to work properly. Playing on an AMD card atm would be comparable to playing on an Nvidia card without the new beta driver.

AMD dont do beta updates though, youll just have to wait for the next driver to fix it.

seems to be every game released these days

Decided to remake my character and to choose a Nord - fits my playstyle and the story :) - think I will dual wield too. Having a shield just draws out the fights for too long :p

Picked up the guide from GAME, but won't use it for a while - currently on offer in there for £9.99 :eek: - the GAME staff had some pretty cool Skyrim hats!

Annoying about the AMD drivers though!

Decided to remake my character and to choose a Nord - fits my playstyle and the story :) - think I will dual wield too. Having a shield just draws out the fights for too long :p

Picked up the guide from GAME, but won't use it for a while - currently on offer in there for £9.99 :eek: - the GAME staff had some pretty cool Skyrim hats!

Hmm I don't see it for 9.99?

you can smack people with a small shield i dont know about big ones if they exist :P

i killed a skeleton with 6 hits of a shield to da face!

im going cunjuror though i can already raise dead animals and people to fight for me and i saw an npc conjur an awesome spectral wolf

Anyone else getting issues with sound crackling/disortion, Realtek HD? I have the latest drivers and changed the sound control panel settings in system.

I was getting it on my creative, I disabled all the X Fi features like 3D cmos and crystalizer and it cleared it up.

Back
Top Bottom