The England Cricket Thread

Caporegime
fantastic start for England this summer. Winning from an abysmal start. hopefully this puts the belief back and we can forget about the Pietersen debacle once and for all.

Stokes is awesome too. Magnificent all rounder.

Caporegime
OP
Top order made a true mess of things today but bloody hell what a finish, didn't think we had any chance at 45-5

It's fair to say that the ODI side has won back a lot of fans with this series, all five have been thoroughly enjoyable.

So, onto our next opponents...

Top order went at it like the required run rate was 10+. A run a ball with a few boundaries would have won it, but the top order just went ridiculously reckless.

Caporegime
OP
I can see exactly what will happen here. We'll be all out with a lead of 100 or so, Aus will get a stonking second innings score, leaving us with no option but to bat out for a draw, and instead, we'll be skittled for about 150 and limp to another embarrassing defeat.

In fact, I'm so sure, I've had a bet on it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Lol, someone edited the opening line of Broads wiki page a while back. It read 'Stuart Broad is a God who was sent to destroy all Australians sent before him' :D

Sky rubbing it in with that montage song haha.

Caporegime
OP
That's Lord Trevor of Nottinghamshire to you! He'll be getting a passport and citizenship of England at this rate.

The Aussies will have a tough time getting back into Australia I'd say!

Some killjoy Wikipedia editor's removed it. Must be an Aussie. ;)

What's the song?

Lowest Aussie score in an Ashes match since 1936.

Sorry, missed your post.

The song was called Falling to Pieces:D

Caporegime
OP
yeah totally agree and i normally dont agree with sending one out. its only day one and dont want to think we have already won.

I agree. Root is well capable of hitting a double hundred. Near the end of the day though, he might have been tiring a bit, and prone to lose concentration, costing him his wicket. Might as well stick a night watchmen in for 10 minutes or so to protect him. If another batsman had gone out there, they naturally would have played like a normal batting pair.

Makes total sense.

Back
Top Bottom