The England Cricket Thread

Soldato
Very good performance. The bowling throughout the whole match was excellent. broad and Anderson look on top form, Bell(maybe) played himself back in. All looking good.

Soldato
Such a refreshing England performance, well deserved.

Steve Smith needs to demonstrate why he's ranked number 1, David Warner needs to play 'test' cricket, and Shane Watson needs to be dropped. Gary Ballance has looked pretty vulnerable lately, perhaps they can bump Moeen up in his place and stick Adil Rashid in as the lead spinner. I think that would be a pretty formidable team, strong with both bat and ball.

Just looked at Joe Root's test stats, my word he's going to be legendary.

Soldato
I was having a conversation with a mate yesterday about sports personality of the year and how there wasn't really any clear winner so far. I suggested Joe root might be a good shout. This morning he was 66/1...now 33/1. Wish I'd stuck some on him. I reckon he's not far off, and if we win the ashes he's got a very good chance.

Murray out of Wimbledon, Rory out of the Open....If we win the series this is not a bad shout at all. Each way looks great value imo.

i0Yw327.png

I really like what I have seen of James Taylor. I'd be looking to get him involved at some point in this series. Though tbh, Ali should be batting much higher.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom