The EU Migrant Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Won't caving into this and opening the borders of the EU countries just encourage more people to make the journey & more people smugglers, resulting in more deaths?

Caporegime
What people don't consider is just how bad things have to get to compel people to leave their family, friends, home, and possessions, and embark on a potentially deadly journey to another country about which they know nothing.

I try to think how bad things would have to get to force me to do that and I can't actually put myself mentally in that position.

*This message brought to you by the Australian immigration board*

Soldato
Won't caving into this and opening the borders of the EU countries just encourage more people to make the journey & more people smugglers, resulting in more deaths?

Yep. People keep saying let them in as if that will be it, problem solved.

All that will happen is more and more will come.

Why aren't other Arab states doing more to help?

‪Refugees welcomed by:

Saudi... 0
Kuwait... 0
Qatar... 0
Emirates... 0
Bahrain... 0

Soldato
Aside from the usual diatribe from Thompson_NCL, Groen and Robgmun we've had people posting about gunning migrants down, fake dead children, and so on, some from the three posters listed.

You have not seen me post these things you complete and utter liar, prove it. prove it right now

Permabanned
Aside from the usual diatribe from Thompson_NCL, Groen and Robgmun we've had people posting about gunning migrants down, fake dead children, and so on, some from the three posters listed.

OCUK deem this forum to be family friendly, and whilst debate is good, some posts in this thread are nothing short of disgusting and, in my mind, damaging to the companies reputation.

I'm finally done with GD. Have a good time folks!

No on said the baby was fake. If you read what i said you would know that, instead of reacting on emotions. We are talking about international issues here not your local soap opera bbc drama. 1000s of people have died and the media focuses on one boy. What i said was that they staged the photo by putting the dead boy face down in the sand after he was already picked up and being carried. Based on the other photos he was already in the arms of the guy who was carrying when the photographer was like "put him down on the floor" then they put him down and took a dramatic photo in the sand. The jewish media is obviously trying to use these emotional stories to convince people outside of isreal to welcome immigrants.

Soldato
What people don't consider is just how bad things have to get to compel people to leave their family, friends, home, and possessions, and embark on a potentially deadly journey to another country about which they know nothing.

I try to think how bad things would have to get to force me to do that and I can't actually put myself mentally in that position.

I agree that we can't house all of them in the UK but we can take some, and so can other countries in Europe. The long term fix though is to repair the issues in the middle east so that the compulsion to flee is no longer there. How we do this though is not something I have the answers to.

However, we can't ignore the plight of those who are already here. I have started donating a sizeable portion of my disposable income to Medicenes Sans Frontiers in the hope that it will at least enable some good to be done.

One of the more sensible answers in this thread.

Soldato
I actually take the view that the UK should accept some of the migrants but, the UN convention states that refugees must claim asylum in THE FIRST SAFE COUNTRY in which the find themselves.

Ergo, all asylum seekers in Calais should be sent back to France, Italy or some other Country in the South of Europe. Technically, Turkey is a safe country!

I don't mind accepting son refugees as it is only humane and right, but they must be vetted thoroughly and be funded from foreign aid for their necessities here.

Now the biggest issue is, why are Saudi Arabia not accepting refugees? Why are other ultra oil rich nations not accepting refugees? It is probably the most potent question to hit those who are saying we should accept any and all... Lets not forget that there is a very rich nation on the Syrian doorstep who could accept these families but instead they traverse many thousands of miles.

Saudi Arabia should be forced to accept the bulk of these hundreds of thousands

Associate
You have not seen me post these things you complete and utter liar, prove it. prove it right now

Haven't been following this thread but saw this last post and thought, "challenge accepted"

Then I realised I was too lazy the read through all the posts, but did find this one about travellers (who presumably are EU migrants too) in a brief search.

Why not go in and shoot them all? The life style they live they're not recorded anywhere and if you get every last one then no one is going to miss them. Then get a digger and bury them all and sell the caravans for profit.

Just saying...

Associate
Why don't we send a couple of Hercules over to Syria, pick up women and children only and then let them have sanctuary here for a while. The able bodied men can stay and fight for / rebuild their country and then the women and children can go back.

I suggest you would need more than a couple of Hercules to do the job.

What happens if their husband/father gets killed in the conflict or just jettisons the family, would "we" then try to repatriate the women and kids? No I don't think so.

I'd also suggest that once they got here they would do everything in their power to stay. Have a child in UK etc. Imagine all the furore when we tried to send them back? All the do-gooders would be up in arms stating that their kids were now in school, any minor ailment would be escalated into a life threatening illness etc.

Cameron should, and probably does,realise that he was voted into power by people like me who don't want foreign refuges, asylum seekers in the country. Aren't asylum seekers supposed to seek asylum in the first country to which they escape? Cameron should also realise, again he probably does, that everything he does as PM will be challenged by the opposition, after all the opposition's job is to oppose.

If a member of this country were to appear in court he/she could be convicted on a technicality (car tyres 1mm lower than they should be, driving one mile per hour over the speed limit etc) then a technicality should be used against such asylum seekers.

Soldato
No on said the baby was fake. If you read what i said you would know that, instead of reacting on emotions. We are talking about international issues here not your local soap opera bbc drama. 1000s of people have died and the media focuses on one boy. What i said was that they staged the photo by putting the dead boy face down in the sand after he was already picked up and being carried. Based on the other photos he was already in the arms of the guy who was carrying when the photographer was like "put him down on the floor" then they put him down and took a dramatic photo in the sand. The jewish media is obviously trying to use these emotional stories to convince people outside of isreal to welcome immigrants.

Why would Jews want Muslims everywhere? Aren't they enemies?

Think you need to lay off /Pol/ dude...

Soldato

I was about to post the same thing.

Listened to a bit of 5Live this morning and the question being asked was "How has the picture of the drowned toddler made you feel" and the few people I heard seemed very emotional and said we need to 'do more' and take more migrants.

Yet I don't see how even if we had completely open borders that this death, or deaths like it, would be prevented. If anything, like you say, it will make people trafficking more attractive resulting in more instances like this.

I'm not getting the link the more left-leaning media are making here between a child dying in the Aegean Sea and the UK opening its borders?

Last edited:
Permabanned
Why would Jews want Muslims everywhere? Aren't they enemies?

Think you need to lay off /Pol/ dude...

What is /pol/

They want to end national identity in europe, its also a part of the european union goals. Which they are helping to encourage, its all a part of the larger movement of cultural marxism primarily in the west. Encouraged by the media and the left. Also its not so much "wanting muslims everywhere" it is more just saturating the west with foreigners to break up national identity.

Soldato

I agree that we can't house all of them in the UK but we can take some, and so can other countries in Europe. The long term fix though is to repair the issues in the middle east so that the compulsion to flee is no longer there. How we do this though is not something I have the answers to.

However, we can't ignore the plight of those who are already here. I have started donating a sizeable portion of my disposable income to Medicenes Sans Frontiers in the hope that it will at least enable some good to be done.

Good for you rilot, I should look into doing something similar.

In the past I have had an anti immigration stance, mainly because I think our borders are exploited by many people looking for an easy ride. But in the case of the refugee crisis, particularly what is going on in Syria right now, it seems so wrong that we are not helping these people. Adding to that in my opinion British foreign policy in the middle east has been a disgrace over the last decade and a half.

Soldato
What is /pol/

They want to end national identity in europe, its also a part of the european union goals. Which they are helping to encourage, its all a part of the larger movement of cultural marxism primarily in the west. Encouraged by the media and the left. Also its not so much "wanting muslims everywhere" it is more just saturating the west with foreigners to break up national identity.

For what gain?

Soldato

Agree with you completely, I posted something very similar earlier.

Unfortunately I cannot donate money, but if I could give my time to help then I would.

Soldato
It was so sad to see the young boy washed up on the beach in Turkey. I know we can't just let everyone into the EU without taking a big hit economically and exposing our country to more threats, but look at it from their perspective. If my country was being bombed into the stone age, I would want to escape with my family to somewhere safe. :(

Of course.

This is why there has to be something done, but I think the current way will not work long term.

Help people rebuild Syria? fantastic idea and the best. Will it ever happen? errrr probably not...

Soldato
Yep. People keep saying let them in as if that will be it, problem solved.

All that will happen is more and more will come.

Why aren't other Arab states doing more to help?

‪Refugees welcomed by:

Saudi... 0
Kuwait... 0
Qatar... 0
Emirates... 0
Bahrain... 0

Yup, and these are the best places for Syrian refugees. They will fit right in, it's their culture. No language barrier, no culture clashes etc.

Permabanned
For what gain?

That is a bit off topic. I have discussed it before. Look up cultural marxism and you will see its was born out of a intellectual movement from a bunch of psychoanalysis experts at Frankfurt school. It grew out of the hate towards right wing whites attitude in world war 2, so the idea is to subtly and covertly break up any remaining white culture that remains through various social and psychophysical means. Encourage excessive immigration, encourage multiculturalism, encourage political correctness, negatively label anything white as racist, negatively portray white culture as racist and attack the nuclear family, the nuclear family being the foundation of western civilisation. Isreal on the other hand has strict border controls and the family remains a very important aspect of jewish culture. Basically they knew that western europe and northern europe could not be defeated by war, instead they will be defeated over time slowly using propaganda against their culture and breaking up the family.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
EUROPE is being made a laughing stock. In 25 years time there will be so much resentmemt on the streets ir will be gated communitys eveeywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom